Thanks GUYS
I just want to thank you guys for making XBMC available for Mac OS systems. Its taken me a week to get to grips with but it is simply the coolest media centre interface I have ever seen. Having got over the basics on my Mac I guess I need to source an Apple TV and use this next
Currently I am using MacOS 10.4 on an intel mac
XBMC Atlantis

I have not been able to sort out 2 issues issue on the superb Media centre skin

1. Some of my DVD sourced movies lack a thumbnail and I like the " wall " view to display the media. This means that among my successfully downloaded covers I have completely blank spaces. I would rather have the "No Thumbnail" icon showing as seen on the coverflow screen etc. As at least you know something is there. Any fixes?

2. Using the My Videos menu my home videos have a randomly taken thumbnail from the video- very handy. yet if I add them to my View movies directory these videoshots disappear and the equivalent files have the " No thumbs" icons. Any suggestions?

Finally On a normal 54mbps network is it feasible to stream a DVD iso from a 1tb NAS to apple TV or will it be too slow. If so I may have to purchase the larger 160gb AppleTV and shrink with handbrake. This would be far from ideal I guess as I will be projecting to an 80 inch screen.
What do the more battle hardened XBMC vets out there think?

Thanks again for your hard-work

"Sometimes work well done IS it's own purpose"
(Dan Simmons)
Any suggestions?
Quote:On a normal 54mbps network is it feasible to stream a DVD iso

Define normal 54mbps network? Where is the wifi hub with respect to the atv? 10 feet, 50 feet, 100 feet. Through wood/frame construction or wire mesh plaster. Any microwave ovens in use near by, how about 2.4GHz/5GHz cordless phones. All these can reduce a normal wireless network to useless.

Bottom line, if you can sustain the through-put, you can stream DVD iso content.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thanks GUYS0