Choppy navigation CPU or GPU?
I have xbmc installed on a vista x64. the graphic chip on the board is an intel G41 and the cpu is a core2duo 2.13 Ghz. its connected to a 1080p screen via HDMI and i'm running the MediaStream Skin.

the navigation throu the menus and the skin are a big choppy and i was wondering if its my CPU or it could be the GPU that can't redraw the screen fast enough? i know that xbmc doesn't use the gpu for video decoding, but how about the skin transitions and drawings? any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.
I have no real knowledge on this matter...But i'm guessing that it may be the GPU (someone correct me here)?

Because as far as i know, that processor should be fine, for navigation at the least.

What are the specs for the rest of your PC?
Are you using a mouse? Not many skins (including the one you're using IIRC) are really designed with the mouse in mind. The navigation will appear much worse than it really is with these skins. Your hardware should be fine for displaying anything that's been properly designed.
I did some playing around, i figured its a lot smother when i disable fan arts. it only gets a big slow when it has to redraw the whole screen.
althekiller Wrote:Are you using a mouse? Not many skins (including the one you're using IIRC) are really designed with the mouse in mind. The navigation will appear much worse than it really is with these skins. Your hardware should be fine for displaying anything that's been properly designed.

no i'm using the MCE remote.
Make sure vsync is enabled and that you don't start XBMC with the -fs flag (but set your resolution to full screen). If vsync isn't properly enabled with these Intel chips you'll see tearing like mad. That said, the MediaStream skin is still a little sluggish on my G33, so I use the stock skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy navigation CPU or GPU?0