Stereo, Mono, Left, Right Audio Channel Settings for Video Playback?
Can anyone state the previous version that still has this function available?
Does anyone know why this feature was removed? Was it removed by accident when other code was updated? It would really be nice to play mono left or mono right again. Thanks
Hi,

Not sure where to report a bug but the option for Mono Left and Mono Right sound is missing off the latest release. It was on the OSD before and allowed you to select hearing one track (left or right) on both speaker.

The feature is still there however under "Audio and Subtitle Settings" on the OSD and via "Audio Stream" however the only option is stereo and nothing else is available, which leads me to thing the feature is there but maybe the options got removed with some of the latest code changes by accident?

Any know if this will get fixed or maybe someone can point me to the latest version that still had this feature working? If you can look to see if its available for you and let me know what version still had it, it would really be appreciated, at least until this gets fixed.

Thanks a lot for all the help and Merry Christmas
Hi,

Been using XBMC and now KODI for many years with the same audio problem. Can't find a fix and could not start new thread. So I posted here in the hopes of getting some info. The problem has occurred over several motherboards, several audio cards, with and without an AVR. Currently I am using a Gigabyte H77N MB with Celeron CPU and 4GB of ram on Windows 7.

The problem I have is corrupted sound. I am currently feeding the audio through the H77N on board audio card straight through to a stereo Adcom basic amp to Boston Acoustic towers.

The audio corruption does not happen when a movie is played through various MBs, audio cards and amplifiers when played through VLC or WMC with Shark codec but the sound does corrupt when using XBMC or KODI through the identical various MBs, audio cards and amps.

This causes me to think that I have never configured XBMC/KODI audio properly or that there is an inherent bug in XBMC/Kodi that no one complains about (unlikely). I have tried every audio setup I could think of with no success in XBMC/KODI. I need help.

I recently used a YTS/YIFY DL for testing and got the usual corrupted audio as described above from XBMC/KODI but clean audio from VLC and WMC/Shark codec. I considered that this movie with its compressed audio/video format might be the problem. But it, and other compressed audio/video movies, play well in VLC and WMC/Shark.

I hate to lose all the benefits of KODI, but the sound is so bad I have to use VLC to watch movies.

Can anyone point me to a solution that will allow me to bask in the luxury of the wonderful world of KODI media management?

Thanks
Sorry I have to bump up the old thread because it is what I need. Seems the developers had abandoned the feature. Are there any plugin or workaround?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereo, Mono, Left, Right Audio Channel Settings for Video Playback?0