[HELP] Content Panel adjustment
I am trying to adjust the content panel (grey box that includes movies list) in the movies fanart view. I have found the panel.png in includes.xml where I see it lists the size for how it appears in other windows except for the fanart view. I can't seem to find in any xml where there is <includes>contentpanel</includes> or panel.png, other than in myvideonav. I was assuming there was going to be something about it in viewsvideolibrary, but I couldn't find it.

I am just trying to move the height up to about half the screen in movie fanart art. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.
ekim232 Wrote:I am trying to adjust the content panel (grey box that includes movies list) in the movies fanart view. I have found the panel.png in includes.xml where I see it lists the size for how it appears in other windows except for the fanart view. I can't seem to find in any xml where there is <includes>contentpanel</includes> or panel.png, other than in myvideonav. I was assuming there was going to be something about it in viewsvideolibrary, but I couldn't find it.

I am just trying to move the height up to about half the screen in movie fanart art. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Your in the right place "myvideonav.xml" look for this entry
Code:
        <control type="group">
            <include>Window_OpenClose_Right_Panel_Animation</include>
            <control type="group">
                <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="970,-100" time="300" tween="quadratic" easing="out" condition="Control.IsVisible(500)">Conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="560,0" time="300" tween="quadratic" easing="out" condition="[Control.IsVisible(55) | Control.IsVisible(56)]">Conditional</animation>

The Start and the End our what I think your looking for.

And for the size of the panel "includes.xml":

Code:
    <include name="ContentPanel">
        <control type="image">
            <posx>265</posx>
            <posy>100</posy>
            <width>1015</width>
            <height>580</height>
            <texture border="50,0,0,45">Panel.png</texture>
        </control>
    </include>

If I missed something Jezz_X please interject
I see what you are saying.

I am guessing the second line with the start and end does the movie fanart since it has control 56 in it.

I am not exactly sure what the start and ends are though. I guess I will just change some numbers and see what happens. Do you know what they happen to represent in relation to the skinlayout?

I have tried to change the height in includes.xml, but it changes it for them all. I also tried to duplicate it and change the name to controlcontent2, but it just put the new sized one on top of the others.
ekim232 Wrote:I see what you are saying.

I am guessing the second line with the start and end does the movie fanart since it has control 56 in it.

I am not exactly sure what the start and ends are though. I guess I will just change some numbers and see what happens. Do you know what they happen to represent in relation to the skinlayout?

I have tried to change the height in includes.xml, but it changes it for them all. I also tried to duplicate it and change the name to controlcontent2, but it just put the new sized one on top of the others.

The 2 numbers ie "0,0" are the xy coordinates on the skin. It tells it what height to place it at and where to start it at on the skin (E-W coordinates)

As for the changes to the panel in includes.xml. I made a panel2.png and placed it in the media folder in the skin. Then did a call to that in the includes.xml. Thus I could change its size and height and not effect anything else. Later on when you get it right. You can grab the PM3 HD skin off the SVN with the Media folder uncompressed and run the build on it with your new changes and it will make a nice Textures.xpr file for you.

Hope that helps and I hope I am explaining this rightShocked
That sound pretty much like what I was planning on doing. I hope it works. The only problem I forsee is the fanart not looking right below where I make the panel stop. I think I am going to try and put the cover thumbnail below it to help fill in the space and make the fanart not seem to just stop.
ekim232 Wrote:That sound pretty much like what I was planning on doing. I hope it works. The only problem I forsee is the fanart not looking right below where I make the panel stop. I think I am going to try and put the cover thumbnail below it to help fill in the space and make the fanart not seem to just stop.

You can just adjust the fanart size..thats at the beginning of the MyVideoNav.xml file..Look for "$INFO[Fanart.Image]" there should be about 3 to 5 different entries. Each one adjusts the size and position in different categories (TV,Season, Episode,Movie, ect.)
I got it all going right, but the fanart does not look right. The way the skin is designed now, fanart stop where the panel begins. If you move the panel up to about half of its original height, then the fanart had a straight edge stop where the panel does not cover it. I adjusted the fanart widtth, but then it gets off centered and does not display a good looking image.

Back to the drawing board I guess. Next thing is trying to get fanart into the coverflow screen and have those icons be more to the bottom and smaller in size.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HELP] Content Panel adjustment0