• 4(current)
.CDG Karaoke-files support for music
maybe you wanna chnage it to look in the media folder of the current set skin first. this way skinners can do a pic matching their look for it. Smile

like this one http://chokeman.nouse.de/xaraokelogo_preview.jpg
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
checked stcogoli's latest changes into cvs.

greets

bobbin007
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hey guys, i tried the new xaraoke in xbmc and i have to say it's great! i'm having some sync issues though, i tried changing the value in the .xml but it's still off, i think i need a negative delay and it's not being picked up...

anyone else having sync issues?
hi
thanks for the cdg support it seems really great.
still have 2 problems
1 .my sync is incorrect ,tryed to change in the kararoke.xml but no effect.

2.is the visual(cdg) supposed to start when i start the mp3.file?
mine dosent so i have to start the visual whit the remote.

thx in advance  Smile
fu*cking great !!

thanks thanks thanks
timing problem. the culprit? "high quality sampling" in the audio options menu. i had it set to "music only", don't. turning it off resolves the timing issue for me, hopefully it will for you.
i too love it, great job! i have no problem with sound sync and i have hq resampling off.

i hope one of the next steps is to make this a default viz for cdg files. so for example, now i have to have xaraoke set as my visualisation to get it to play. i would prefer to have fountain as my viz, and have xbmc auto check to see if a file has a cdg, if it does, it overrides fountain and uses xaraoke, much like a movie will auto play subtitles if they are found, but go on as normal if they are not.

the next best thing would be to have a secondary viz, so you can pick xaraoke in xbmc, but if there eisn't a cdg, rather than display the no cdg found graphic, it just uses another viz you can specify in the xml or something like that.
i can't believe this was made - been away from it for a while and was so surprised when i updated my ver of xbmc Smile

just one question - i know this is new and there probably needs a lot of things which need to be done before even looking at new features...

but, is there anyway to make it so that u can split the screen or something so that u can que up other mp3 files while playing the mp3s so u dont have to skip out and in of the vis or que everything up at the beginning?

thanks Smile and cheers on the great work - can't wait to see if anything else can come of this.
Quote:but, is there anyway to make it so that u can split the screen or something so that u can que up other mp3 files while playing the mp3s so u dont have to skip out and in of the vis or que everything up at the beginning?"

if you have multiple mp3's in a folder with matching cdg's then after one song is done it moves on to the next one. just create a playlist in the order you want the songs. then it will open in order.
(loafer @ aug. 21 2004,23:57 Wrote:timing problem. the culprit? "high quality sampling" in the audio options menu. i had it set to "music only", don't. turning it off resolves the timing issue for me, hopefully it will for you.
yes! exactly, i figured to try and turn it off and change the sync to 0.600 and it's perfect!!!

it rules!! the only suggestion i have is to automatically have xbmc engage xaraoke if it finds a corresponding .cdg file in the same folder.

oh! and sync seems to be lost when xbmc autoloads the next karaoke mp3 - can anyone verify this? mine lost sync on the second track!
(supersexy @ aug. 22 2004,20:16 Wrote:
Quote:but, is there anyway to make it so that u can split the screen or something so that u can que up other mp3 files while playing the mp3s so u dont have to skip out and in of the vis or que everything up at the beginning?"

if you have multiple mp3's in a folder with matching cdg's then after one song is done it moves on to the next one. just create a playlist in the order you want the songs. then it will open in order.
i'm aware of that - thx though - thing is - u know how u have parties and stuff - and people kinda pick on the fly, they dont pre plan and such - well with the karaoke parties i go to - we might set up 3-5 songs then look at the other songs while someone else sings.

anyways - if it is possible it would be great - but im not expecting too much - im just so chuffed it is available :d
wow, thanks for all the suggestions.  Smile  been busy lately but will try to make some improvements in the next weeks. hullebulle, can you keep the patch open till the dust settles?
Quote:maybe you wanna chnage it to look in the media folder of the current set skin first. this way skinners can do a pic matching their look for it.
i will and will probly add an option in xml for keeping (a more standard format) splash or using message boxes.
Quote:oh! and sync seems to be lost when xbmc autoloads the next karaoke mp3 - can anyone verify this? mine lost sync on the second track!
when developping, i actually had to have 2 different av delays, one for first time playback and the other for subsequent queued files but i eventually found a way to make these delays the same and have sync in both cases. seeing now that the sync seems to be very dependent on some audio settings, i might have to reintroduce the 2 delays or make the sync more robust in some way. for now, try not to rely on tweaking the av delay, but try to change your audio settings instead so that you can have sync for an avdelay = 0.8. you should then have sync in all playback cases.
Quote:but, is there anyway to make it so that u can split the screen or something so that u can que up other mp3 files while playing the mp3s so u dont have to skip out and in of the vis or que everything up at the beginning?
this is a good idea and could be implemented in a popup osd but it's probly the last thing i would do after making sync more robust and adding voice support, as it is a somewhat luxurious feature which would require a good amount of work.
Quote:it rules!! the only suggestion i have is to automatically have xbmc engage xaraoke if it finds a corresponding .cdg file in the same folder.
that's the way i had it in the earlier versions but i changed it to behave exactly like a vis so that i could decouple the code as much as possible from the xbmc base and not have to modify core files by doing something very ugly like
if(vis = xaraoke){autostart vis }
xbmc code is getting huge and if everybody modifies the core their own way instead of using existing frameworks, it becomes difficult to read and manage. so i personally feel it should stay in the viz framework as much as possible but this framework could be changed by adding an autostart bool in the vis_info structure, for example. i feel this is more up to the xbmc devs to decide (hullebulle?).
Quote:i hope one of the next steps is to make this a default viz for cdg files.  so for example, now i have to have xaraoke set as my visualisation to get it to play.  i would prefer to have fountain as my viz, and have xbmc auto check to see if a file has a cdg, if it does, it overrides fountain and uses xaraoke, much like a movie will auto play subtitles if they are found, but go on as normal if they are not.
i see what you mean. the way to go might be to add .cdg as a supported file type so you could also see cdgs in the music file listing and organize them etc... selecting the .cdg could then save the default vis, change it to xaraoke, look for the music file, play it and then revert to the original vis. i didn't do that because i felt like it was more logical to have the user select the music file and have the vis look for the .cdg since the .cdg is unique whereas the music file possibilities are many (song.mp3, song.wma etc...) but this decision could still be treated without requiring user input by using a preference sequence in the xml for example. this could also help with the 2 avdelays problem because the vis would launch audio playback and not the inverse. will look into this.
Exclamation 
i feel and think that from the users/gui perspective this cdg karaoke feature should not be assosiated directly with the visualitazions settings at all, then how it works in the background (code/framework) is a completly different matter (which is way over my head).

personaly i would like that the enable/disable switch for "display karaoke (cdg) files" should be separate under audio settings.
(i also like to be able to use any visualization i like and if/only when karaoke is enabled text is displayed as overlay on that vis).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i have alot of karaoke mp3s zipped and archived on dvd's. will zip decompression support be added anytime soon?
(bent98 @ aug. 28 2004,13:54 Wrote:i have alot of karaoke mp3s zipped and archived on dvd's. will zip decompression support be added anytime soon?
well i dont know if the xbmc core supports zip, but i would believe that zip support would be something that would be better supported universally instead of just karaoke.

a problem with zip support is that xbmc would not know as what kind of file to treat it. it would have to scan every single zip file to see what type of file is inside. also check to see if there are multiple files inside.

one way around it is to just accept all zip files as a standard file. and if the file inside is a supported format then just play it. however there would be problems when there are multiple files inside that zip file. what if there are multiple media files? it can be done, but i believe it would take way too much programming to achieve the desired effects. another way to support is just to add a karaoke menu to xbmc and just add zip support to that menu.

since dvd's can hold so much data, i dont think it would hurt to save the karaoke files uncompressed on dvds(which is what i do with my karaoke dvd's).

so i would just recommend you to uncompress all your karaoke songs and put them on dvd's again. winrar(available for free at http://www.winrar.com) can uncompress multiple zip files in on e try. if you don t have a dvd burner then i understand your delima. i am not a dev on xbmc so i am not the ultimate source to tell you if zip support will be in. however, being a programmer myself, i understand about the difficulties of adding features to something.

my advice to you is not to get too excited of adding zip support for karaoke files. i personally do not see it in the near future.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.CDG Karaoke-files support for music0