• 5(current)
.CDG Karaoke-files support for music
Quote:i have alot of karaoke mp3s zipped and archived on dvd's. will zip decompression support be added anytime soon?
i agree with lion2, i won't personally write support for zipped .cdg files but if someone else integrates this into xbmc then it'll get supported.
wanted to also add thanks for the support of cdg files. very nice feature. now on with getting the mic working. :thumbsup:
i have problem with the xaraoke.

i am streaming from my computer with media file xstream (xbmsp). i have added a share and a mountpoint from my computer to my directory with 500 karaoke mp3s with corresponding cdgs.

then i start xbmc xbox media center 2004-08-20 and then i go to my music, xbmsp and karaoke. then i choose one song and press select on my remote. when starting i press display for the visualization.

all of my karaokes says:

xaraoke cdg file not found

what am i doing wrong?
xaraoke file name equals to mp3 file name? and .cdg extension?
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
hi,

i use ccxgui (xbmsp) and have the same problems.
streaming the karaoke mp3 via ccxgui and all i got was the error message "xaraoke cdg file not found".

when i ftp the same files to my xbox and play them from the local xbox hdd all works fine.

same problem with dvd´s and the stack function.
when i try to play a dvd over my network using ccxgui, and select stack, it shows me the video_ts.ifo but i am unable to play the file with xbmc.
when i ftp the dvd files to the xbox playing them from the lokal hdd and use the stack function all works fine :-)
(the problem is still there in the latest build 02.09.04)

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....=wuslon
use smb. it's integrated in windows anyway and works.
Smile 
(pitfall @ sep. 02 2004,07:53 Wrote:use smb. it's integrated in windows anyway and works.
but no that that's only a workaround but a solution (to that bug/design-flaw), same as copying the files to xbox hdd is a workaround
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
hmm strange streaming problem... i had only tested samba and it worked fine. i think this is a bug with the xbmsp code though and should probly be reported in the bugs section.

i am currently working to integrate cd+g more tightly in xmbc, as suggested by gamester and mknight but will be gone for the next 2 weeks so the next update might take a while. as for voice support, i still haven't received my communicator...damn this is taking long.
when i play the .mp3 i just get a black screen on the visualisation screen
the songs are named song.mp3 & song.cdg

would be cool if it played .wma with cdg
as i have 1000's and they are all wma
Sad 
(stcogoli @ sep. 03 2004,00:57 Wrote:i am currently working to integrate cd+g more tightly in xmbc, but will be gone for the next 2 weeks so the next update might take a while
@stcogoli, how large is cd+g code when compiled? maybe you can integrate it directly into mplayer/mplayer.dll (similar to sub-reader?)?
(...if it's small enough plus clean and effician code, ie not a hack-job then you could send it upstream for integration into mplayer Wink ).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
found that the best way to add sound to an xbox for karaoke is using a standalone "karaoke mixer". these can be had for as low as $30 up to a couple hundred dollars. the better models also allow key change. in other words, if your really interested in karaoke, these karaoke mixers do a better job than what could ever be programmed into xbmc for voice. after finding this out i am very impressed on what xbmc can do just to play the mp3+cdg files. and sound/mic integration is a much lower priority in my book.
Quote:when i play the .mp3 i just get a black screen on the visualisation screen
give me more details: does this occur for all your mp3's or just one? are they on the hd or network? what is the protocol?
Quote:@stcogoli, how large is cd+g code when compiled? maybe you can integrate it directly into mplayer/mplayer.dll
the windows dll was 32kb. thanks for the suggestion, i will look into the mplayer code.
Quote:and sound/mic integration is a much lower priority in my book.
but it would still be cool to have voice support in xbmc imo...
(stcogoli @ sep. 07 2004,19:15 Wrote:
Quote:and sound/mic integration is a much lower priority in my book.
but it would still be cool to have voice support in xbmc imo...
yau you could use the build in live voicefilters. Wink

oh and are we talking about the mic you get with xbox music mixer or the headset (headset would be better cause more ppl have one)?

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
Quote:oh and are we talking about the mic you get with xbox music mixer or the headset
xbmusic mixer also works with the live headset so they probably work with the same voice interfaces.
(stcogoli @ sep. 07 2004,18:15 Wrote:
Quote:when i play the .mp3 i just get a black screen on the visualisation screen
give me more details: does this occur for all your mp3's or just one? are they on the hd or network? what is the protocol?
the visulisation screen is black for all my mp3's with cdg and with out

the mp3 are on the hdd
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.CDG Karaoke-files support for music0