Weird Mythbuntu/IRexec/XBMC quirk: killall does nothing
I have a new HTPC and a new Mythbuntu 8.10 x86 installation, and I use irexec with buttons mapped to my blue/green/red/yellow buttons on my MCE remote clone. I use the color buttons to scripts which launch XBMC, Boxee, and Mythbuntu so they basically look like "killall xbmc.bin && killall mythfrontend.real && killall Boxee && xbmc". However, the killalls don't seem to do anything on this installation, even when I ssh into my HTPC using the correct user, and even doing sudo killall. I'm very confused, since these same exact scripts worked fine on my old HTPC, which also used Mythbuntu 8.10.

Also, is there a way I can execute "/etc/init.d/gdm restart" via my remote since I seem to be ssh-ing in and running that command alot. Which is fine, but I need to get my GF Acceptance Factor back up to where it used to be.
try "killall -v -s9 xbmc.bin"

see my setup here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=46553, even though its not perfect.
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
If you have an nvidia card and use driver 180.35, signals have issues.

Upgrade to 180.37 so that signals (and thus a killall without -9) can work again.

If you aren't on 180.35, then no idea.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Wow, thanks for the nice, specific answers. I updated from 180.35 -> 180.37 last night, but hadn't restarted. It seems to be working just fine now. Guess I shoulda waited another day to ask. Thank god, it was driving me insane.
Oh, and dbldown, we have the exact same hardware configuration. I just got this thing setup the other day, and it replaced a feeble Athlon XP 3000+ and a Radeon 9600 Sad How's your Asus onboard for playing 1080p x264's? I'm using a 8400 GS in the meantime because I need S-Video for my soon-to-be-replaced CRT.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird Mythbuntu/IRexec/XBMC quirk: killall does nothing0