Latest Airport Extreme firmware screwes SMB shares.
Exclamation 
So, it seems the latest firmware update (7.4.1) for the Airport Extreme made some changes in the SMB area. I had my SMB shares configured as "smb://Airport-Extreme/My Book/TV Shows/" and so on for an external hdd directly attached to the Airport Extreme.

After the update, all my video stopped working. After a while I discovered that the SMB name for the share was no longer "Airport-Extreme" but "Airport-Extrem". That missing letter screwed up my entire library.

So, if you experience problems with your Airport Disk, keep this in mind.
Guille779 Wrote:So, it seems the latest firmware update (7.4.1) for the Airport Extreme made some changes in the SMB area. I had my SMB shares configured as "smb://Airport-Extreme/My Book/TV Shows/" and so on for an external hdd directly attached to the Airport Extreme.

After the update, all my video stopped working. After a while I discovered that the SMB name for the share was no longer "Airport-Extreme" but "Airport-Extrem". That missing letter screwed up my entire library.

So, if you experience problems with your Airport Disk, keep this in mind.

Good to know. My USB disc attached to the AE couldnt be accessed after the firmware upgrade (wrong password, invalid username). Rolled bacl to 7.3.2 and everything works perfectly again.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
they added me.com support to the AE, why...? who knows. But ya, it would probably screw things up depending how the user/share setups were being handled.
Well, I ended up downgrading to 7.3.2. Couldn't get anything to work consistently with 7.4.1.

However, I had to recreate my library and now my TV Shows won't get scrapped. I had no problems with my movies, added the source and scanned for content. They all show up. But not the TV Shows, I have no idea what's going on :S
I didn't have any of the problems you guys are mentioning after upgrading the AEB firmware. I renamed my AEB when I set it up last year and have not had this issue.

Suggestion: call your network "Bob" (or something like that) then you wont have this issue in the future. (FWIW)
Ok, so after a few hours (it's 4 in the morning right now :S) I've come to the conclusion that there's something wrong my the scraper settings or something.

I deleted my sources, added them again and re-scrapped everything. Only the movies are showing up in the library, not the TV Shows. If I select "TV Show Information" from the contextual menu, I see an message saying "Querying thetvdb.com info" for a few seconds and then it asks me to type in the name (?). I do (btw, it's already there) and click "Done". The process repeats itself until I quit.

TV.com does the exact same thing.

I can access my media just fine, I see all my drives, shares and folders. I just can't figure out why the hell the TV Shows won't work.
Arrrrrghhh, I've had it. I'm thinking about re-installing XBMC.... this is driving me nuts.
Did you get it working?

Movies work for me, TV Shows never detects new episodes... Sharing a drive from my Airport Extreme... on the latest firmware.

Just wondering if I'll have to downgrade, and if I'll lose anything in the process?

Thanks.
Yes, I downgraded to 7.3.2 and got it working again. Thetvdb.com was down for a while, but it's working just fine now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest Airport Extreme firmware screwes SMB shares.0