scchoolboy error
Come to think of it a schoolboy would not make such an error. Ok had xbmc and boxee working fine on atv. Except that all I could see was apple trailers, after posting yesterday I realized that I have to assign a source. I have a mac mini and proceeded to fumble around with the network settings, enabling proxy and inputting my mac minis password. Am I going down the correct route Thus far?

Anyway it's early Sunday morning xbmc gave me a warning to say this action will diaboe the smb server and you will be unable to connect. Not being quite awake and not entirely au fait with the apple remote functions hit the wrong option. True to it's word I can't connect now just get xbmc on screen then silver apple and back to atv menu.

Do I have to reload the application? Ok that didn't work.....just get xbmc stuck on screen.....any suggestions?
will I have to ssh in via the terminal to recover it? If so can anyone advise what to input?
Bump? AnyoneHuh?
ssh in a zap userdata, that should set you have to a virgin install.
Davilla, thanks...but as above I am a complete noob to this...

If I open up terminal what should I input? to zap user data? can you please spell it out for me?
Thanks Devilla thats just what I needed....however its not letting me in...

I previously had managed to disconnect from my network due to my schoolboy error as above, not sure if this is what has caused it....

on ssh in I get this response

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is....

looks like i have to find the offending host key and delete it on my mac somewhere...cant see it anywhere.

thanks very much for your help thus far, all for one finger slip this...
send2george Wrote:Thanks Devilla thats just what I needed....however its not letting me in...

I previously had managed to disconnect from my network due to my schoolboy error as above, not sure if this is what has caused it....

on ssh in I get this response

@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is....

looks like i have to find the offending host key and delete it on my mac somewhere...cant see it anywhere.

thanks very much for your help thus far, all for one finger slip this...

This rest of this message has the path to the key. you will not see from the finder as it's in a hidden directory. All files/directories that start with a "." are hidden.

rm <filepath> will remove it.
Thank you!!!! Don't know actually if I did the above cos my error message changed!! Back up and running now user data removed :-) just need to work out how to get content other than apple trailers now. But heartfelt thanks :-))
Got this message when trying to ssh to my ATV2 jb'd with gp rc6. Used above instructions re: rm <filepath>

and now I'm back on track with ssh again. Thanks! And big thanks to Davilla for making this whole iOS xbmc thing possible!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
scchoolboy error0