[AppleTV] Launcher 3.0 Testing (ATV)
gilbreen Wrote:Does one have to (or rather should one) reboot the ATV after updating the Launcher?

no, update restarts Finder.
Downloads get only updated when entering the menu. To have those updated, just go to a different submenu and then back.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
MaestroDD Wrote:indeed. damn copy'n'paste Smile
It was the new version, but displayed name was old. Should be fixed.
Thanks!

Thanks again for the quick response. Working as advertised and have now updated to the new Boxee (v. 9.10)
Beta5 is uploaded with the fix. Thanks for the excellent report!

To use the learned buttons, you'll need to modify Keymap.xml. This is what I came up with:
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <joystick name="AppleRemote">
      <!-- plus       --> <button id="1">Up</button>
      <!-- minus      --> <button id="2">Down</button>
      <!-- left       --> <button id="3">Left</button>
      <!-- right      --> <button id="4">Right</button>
      <!-- play/pause --> <button id="5">Select</button>
      <!-- menu       --> <button id="6">PreviousMenu</button>

<!-- hold play  --> <button id="7">Fullscreen</button>
      <!-- hold menu  --> <button id="8">ContextMenu</button>

<!-- old buttons (ATV <2.2) -->
      <!-- hold left  --> <button id="9">BigStepBack</button>
      <!-- hold right --> <button id="10">BigStepForward</button>

<!-- Learned remote buttons (ATV >2.3) -->
      <!-- Play       --> <button id="70">Play</button>
      <!-- Pause      --> <button id="71">Pause</button>
      <!-- Stop       --> <button id="72">Stop</button>
      <!-- Previous   --> <button id="73">SkipPrevious</button>
      <!-- Next       --> <button id="74">SkipNext</button>
      <!-- Rewind     --> <button id="75">StepBack</button>
      <!-- Forward    --> <button id="76">StepForward</button>
      <!-- Return     --> <button id="77">ParentDir</button>
      <!-- Enter      --> <button id="78"></button>
    </joystick>
  </global>
</keymap>

We'll update Keymap.xml for the next release. Suggestions?
[/quote]

OSX Version 10.4
Platform AppleTV v2.3
Launcher version of AppleTV.: 3 Beta5
Install Method: Launcher, thne downloaded custom Launcher (Beta5)
SVN Revision (bf1)
Other: Custom Keymap.xml from above.

Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem:

Initial State: APPLE TV is switched off. Frontrow appears. In Launcher menu: Universal Mode ON, AutoUpdate OFF. Multifinder OFF (No change in problem result whether Multifinder is used or not.)

Goal: control XBMC with custom remote using leared IR codes from Frontrow. (I guess this is possible now)Huh

Steps:
1. Power up AppleTV.
2. Learn keys for arrows and play buttons. Works fine in Frontrow menus
3. Launch XBMC from frontrow using custom remote.
4. Front LED in ATV does not flash upon button press
5. No movement on the menu sreen of XBMC
6. launching film from VIDEOS (original remote), no effect of PLAY/STOP when using custom remote.

Any idea?
Is something I miss completely here ?? If not, which log do you need for tracing?

br,
Sircube
sircube Wrote:Multifinder OFF (No change in problem result whether Multifinder is used or not.)
learned remotes won't work with MultiFinder.

sircube Wrote:4. Front LED in ATV does not flash upon button press
hm, I'm not sure about that. Will try later...

sircube Wrote:Any idea?
Is something I miss completely here ?? If not, which log do you need for tracing?

xbmc.log: Probably your modified Keymap.xml doesn't get picked up, xbmc.log reveals that
console.log: maybe buttons are not recognized, console.log reveals that.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
Quote:Front LED in ATV does not flash upon button press

Pairing maybe. The LED flash (white or amber) is at the internal IR controller level. If that does not flash (white or amber), the atv does not recognize the IR remote and is ignoring it.
steps continued from reported state:

X+1 ... I switched the ATV OFF/ON. At this stage Launcher was configured to Multiboot into XBMC.
+2 Exited XBMC
+3 Switched Multiboot off. Launched XBMC again.
+4 SUCCESS!!! Custom remote controls XBMC. LED flashes.

Bit strange. Might be that others will not have the struggle. Or it might be that I've switched on Multiboot to ON before first test. I remembered not.. but this can be the only logical reason although....

Now will play with the keymap.xml a bit.

All-in-all I can confirm that all keypress events go through and understood by XBMC.--- Awesome work! Thanks for the feature! Big Grin
OSX Version 10.4
Platform AppleTV v2.3
Launcher version of AppleTV.: 3 Beta5
Install Method: Launcher, thne downloaded custom Launcher (Beta5)
SVN Revision (bf1)
Other: Custom Keymap.xml from above.
Multifinder switched off

Problem: watching video from smb share. Pause presssed. After 4-5 min... XBMC exited and APPLE TV completely rebooted and entered Frontrow. (last video from log). XBMC was not in debug log mode. But what I've captured is here. http://pastebin.com/m10b5df29
Any guesses?

Have not experienced it with Launcher 0.9 but did with Launcher 2.3.
Strange ...my console log (/mnt/Scratch/Library/Logs/Console/501/console.log) has no entry from today.

I will try to reproduce it with debug. I'm only posting to let you you and maybe others have also similar results.

Also---: watching movie from sbm share. XBMC exits to it's main menu suddenly. Around 10-15 minutes of the movie. HAppened already twice since I have Launcher 3.0. And it happened with 2.3 as well. That was the reason for moving me back to Launcher 0.9 a month ago.
Hopefully I will have some time tonight to play with Lancher 3b5
I have released a few SVN builds and would like to get things setup to work with the new multi source feature. Would you mind giving me the quick and dirty setup for getting this tested.

Thanks a lot for all your work
Hi Tsf42m,

Tsf42m Wrote:Hopefully I will have some time tonight to play with Lancher 3b5
I have released a few SVN builds and would like to get things setup to work with the new multi source feature. Would you mind giving me the quick and dirty setup for getting this tested.

Thanks a lot for all your work

Yeah, I pm'ed you about that last week.
Just updated Launcher's wiki http://code.google.com/p/atv-xbmc-launch...BMCUpdater to include info about it.
Best is probably to go through one or two of the update scripts to see how they do it (e.g. xbmc-8.10.bf1_update.sh).
Feel free to ask about details I forgot to mention, best in a new thread.

cheers,
stephan

is 3.0 going to fix the HDMI black screen issue? I'm still having the problem with it on the beta and don't see it as an issue on the project page.
Latest Beta is giving me no problems. If anything, XBMC seems to be perfoming a bit more snappily than before. Also love the new remote functionality. I just did a little HOWTO on it. Perhaps we'll get a few more willing beta testers once they realize that it has increased remote functionality (that does seem to be the number one complaint about ATV). In the keymap.xml file listed above, you are using button names that seem different from what the ATV calls them. You might want to consider changing them to exactly what ATV does. Also, do you have access to all of the universal remote buttons, or does up, down, etc on the universal remote correspond to up, down, etc on the apple remote? Hate to be greedy, but I want all the functionality I can get.

Great job guys, keep up the good work!

-aedile-
criti Wrote:is 3.0 going to fix the HDMI black screen issue? I'm still having the problem with it on the beta and don't see it as an issue on the project page.

which version of the beta ?
davilla Wrote:which version of the beta ?

AppleTV: 2.3.1
XBMC: rev19065
Launcher 3.0b5

i'm guessing you guys know more about it, but its weird for me. i've seen a few different things after i switch back and only see black. sometimes after just letting it sit for 10 min, i go back and its back to front row and sometimes i can do the remote shortcut to unpair and pair the remote and it actually shows up on the black screen.

every time i've seen, when i switch the input back to the appletv it switches to 1080i first no matter what resolution the previous input was on, gives up and goes back to 720p, and stays there and remains black. not sure if thats a symptom or just something with my tv.
Hi Criti,

criti Wrote:AppleTV: 2.3.1
XBMC: rev19065
Launcher 3.0b5

i'm guessing you guys know more about it, but its weird for me. i've seen a few different things after i switch back and only see black. sometimes after just letting it sit for 10 min, i go back and its back to front row and sometimes i can do the remote shortcut to unpair and pair the remote and it actually shows up on the black screen.

every time i've seen, when i switch the input back to the appletv it switches to 1080i first no matter what resolution the previous input was on, gives up and goes back to 720p, and stays there and remains black. not sure if thats a symptom or just something with my tv.

Do you have advancedsettings.xml in ~/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/userdata/advancedsettings.xml?
Needs to look like this (+ any additional stuff you put there):
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <skiploopfilter>8</skiploopfilter>
  <osx_gl_fullscreen>true</osx_gl_fullscreen>
</advancedsettings>

If it's not there, please try it with that file. Otherwise, please post console.log.
cheers,
MDD

maestro you are a god. works perfect. i tried just <fullscreen> in there and it didn't help, but didn't know about the osx_gl one. yay! no more appletv reboots.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Launcher 3.0 Testing (ATV)0