XBMC downloads info, even though I have .nfo's, .tbn's and fantar files :S
So, I spent the weekend re-scrapping all my video content (about 400 movies, 35 TV Shows totaling about 500 episodes). I used Media Companion for this task, and now I have a very well organized file structure:

Movie Name (year)
- Movie Name (year).avi
- Movie Name (year).srt
- Movie Name (year).tbn
- Movie Name (year).nfo
- Movie Name (year)-fanart.jpg
- folder.jpg

TV Show Name
- tvshow.nfo
- season X.tbn
- fanart.jpg
- folder.jpg
- Season X
- TV Show Name S00E00.avi
- TV Show Name S00E00.srt
- TV Show Name S00E00.nfo
- TV Show Name S00E00.tbn

Now, I completely erase my sources and library info from XBMC so I could start from scratch. I set the sources and it's contents with the correct scraper info (imdb.com for movies and thetvdb.com for TV shows).

I restarted XBMC and it started looking for new content. To my surprise, it didn't seem to be simply copying the info from the nfo's, nor copying posters and fanart. Instead it's just downloading everything again! what is wrong with this? Isn't is supposed to use the .nfo, .tbn, fanart.jpg if they're there?!?

Using the latest XBMC and Launchers on an Apple TV 2.2

Thanks!
A good place to start will be a debug log see this Wiki article here for instructions:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_Submi..._debug_log
Maxim Wrote:A good place to start will be a debug log see this Wiki article here for instructions:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_Submi..._debug_log

Thanks, I'll upload the log tonight.
After reading the manual again, I discovered a few details that I missed and I think I got it right this time. So, thanks to Automator and A Better Finder Rename the task was painless.

I renamed all the nfos, fanarts and tbns in order to comply with XBMC and my Movies folder structure. Now I have:

Movies <-- Directory
- Movie Name (year) <-- Subdirectory
-- Movie Name (year).avi
-- Movie Name (year).srt
-- movie.nfo
-- fanart.jpg
-- movie.tbn
-- folder.jpg

After setting the source content, I now see the correct movie poster and fanart in File mode. However, Library mode does not show the poster (the fanart is just fine).

TV Shows display fanart AND wide banners just fine, only that I cannot use because Thetvdb.com is down again and it doesn't scrape anything.

TV Shows <-- Directory
- TV Show name <-- Subdirectory
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg (wide banner)
-- Season XX
--- TV Show name - S00E00.avi
--- TV Show name - S00E00.srt

Why the hell isn't Library Mode using the correct poster?? Which is it? folder.jpg? movie.tbn? movie name (year).tbn? movie name (year).jpg? poster.jpg? This is waaay too complex.
Whatever the name of the movie xbmc finds, all the other parts are based off that. At least I find that's the most reliable in Library mode. My library is built all offline. Movie folder, separate folder for each movie then the video file, nfo, thumbnail and background. I think your problem is your .tbn name is not the same as your movie file.

-Movies
---Children of Men (directory)
----Children of Men.avi
----Children of Men.nfo
----Children of Men.tbn
----Children of Men-fanart.jpg

-TV
---Robot Chicken (directory)
----folder.jpg
----season01.tbn
----tvshow.nfo
----Season 1 (directory)
-----Robot Chicken S01E01 - Junk In The Trunk.avi
-----Robot Chicken S01E01 - Junk In The Trunk.nfo
-----Robot Chicken S01E01 - Junk In The Trunk.tbn

Everything always displays fine for me.
tyche Wrote:Whatever the name of the movie xbmc finds, all the other parts are based off that. At least I find that's the most reliable in Library mode. My library is built all offline. Movie folder, separate folder for each movie then the video file, nfo, thumbnail and background. I think your problem is your .tbn name is not the same as your movie file.

-Movies
---Children of Men (directory)
----Children of Men.avi
----Children of Men.nfo
----Children of Men.tbn
----Children of Men-fanart.jpg

-TV
---Robot Chicken (directory)
----folder.jpg
----season01.tbn
----tvshow.nfo
----Season 1 (directory)
-----Robot Chicken S01E01 - Junk In The Trunk.avi
-----Robot Chicken S01E01 - Junk In The Trunk.nfo
-----Robot Chicken S01E01 - Junk In The Trunk.tbn

Everything always displays fine for me.

But why does it work in File Mode and not in Library Mode? If it's able to look for folder.jpg, movie.tbn and movie.nfo in File Mode, it should also do the same in Library Mode, rightHuh

What about the scraper setting? Should I enable or disable IMPAwards and MoviePosterDB?
Ok so, apparently this is the setup so that both modes show poster AND fanart:

Blood Diamond (2006)
- Blood Diamond (2006).CD1.avi
- Blood Diamond (2006).CD1.srt
- Blood Diamond (2006).CD2.avi
- Blood Diamond (2006).CD2.srt
- Blood Diamond (2006).CD1.tbn
- Blood Diamond (2006)-fanart.jpg
- fanart.jpg
- folder.jpg
- movie.nfo
- movie.tbn

IMPAwards and MoviePosterDB must be off so that when it scans for new content it'll look for the -fanart and tbn files already in place.
Can someone confirm that *.nfo files work correctly in the AppleTV? I'm running:

Launcher 2.3
XBMC 8.10bf1

and I've tried removing the source and re-scanning and it always ignores the nfo and tbn files and folder.jpg file. My directory setup is:

Movies
->Movie Name
->->Movie Name.avi
->->Movie Name.tbn
->->Movie Name.nfo
->->folder.jpg

the strange thing is that I also have a Ubuntu machine running XBMC 8.10 SVN:16164 that is looking at the same directory and everything works just like it is supposed to.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC downloads info, even though I have .nfo's, .tbn's and fantar files :S0