Crash on startup but XBMC remains usable?
This is the second time I've encountered this problem since installing XBMC on my MCE 2005 box in December, I'll be listening to a ShoutCast stream (Radio Paradise 128kb/s has been the culprit both times) when a Windows error message pops up ("XBMC has encountered a problem and needs to close" etc.) but XBMC remains usable with the error message on the screen!

Since it remains usable I was able to turn on debug logging and have pasted my results here, I see a number of errors in the log but I don't know if any of them are serious, and they seem to be towards the top of the log instead of the bottom where you would expect in a crash. Any advice would be helpful, thanks much!
get a newer build from the third party sticky thread.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:get a newer build from the third party sticky thread.

Thanks, are those official releases or developer versions? I need stability more than anything else so I'd prefer to fix the problem in my official release version than try a relatively untested developer cut.
They are unofficial releases but they contain the latest code that has many many fixes since the latest official release. It certainly can't hurt to try it out and see if it fixes your problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash on startup but XBMC remains usable?0