mouse -window focus?
So, lately I've noticed my mouse showing up on the screen a lot lately. I'm not certain if this is a skin issue or an xbmc issue. If I navigate around, go to a movie it's fine. When i come back out of the movie (not always) or the screen goes blank to sleep (mini remains live) - when it comes back on, the mouse is there and doesn't leave unless i move it around and click on the screen. I can still navigate though, regardless so I don't think its a focus issue.

Anyone else see this? I'm on the latest build from SVN.

Need to add mediastream to test there. Currently seeing it with stark, only skin installed.
Not seen this, but then also have not been looking for it. I assume this is fullscreen ?

Just to be clear, sometimes when you exit a movie (how do are you doing the exit?) or returning from a display sleep (how is the display sleep setup, black, dim, etc), the mouse pointer is showing and stays displayed until you move it AND click somewhere.
I'm home sick for the day--so i can test in a few.

The screen sleeps--via mac settings, no input sent to the display
Just reproduced, from whatever version SVN grabbed last night.

It doesnt happen when the display blanks, only when the monitor (in this case tv) is put to sleep by the mac. (settings, energy) once it comes back, the mouse is on the screen, and doesn't go away until i click it, then it disappears again.

That help? For now i set never sleep display.
Here's a tip, set the xbmc to black and disable the osx display energy saver. When xbmc display fades to black, it will sleep the display. At least that's what the code should be doing.
It will also do it when coming back from mac mini sleep as well, and a bunch of other circumstances. I haven't bothered coming up with a decent reproducible scenario as yet.

Note that it's the OS mouse (SDL's mouse perhaps?) - not the XBMC mouse, which is always correctly hidden.

We could always just tell it to hide every frame, but that feels somewhat like swatting a fly with a sledgehammer. :p

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

haha, ya workarounds are fine with me Wink

I'll set it to blank--it's definitely the OS mouse, not xbmcs Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mouse -window focus?0