Library feature greyed out
Nubie here.

I have a 1 TB USB drive connected to my Apple TV (latest OS and latest update from ATV Flash). All my video MP4 files are on this drive (through Volume). Everything works fine except one thing: if I try to setup a library, the selection is grayed out and I cannot select it. I want to link my movies to a scraper (terminology?) in order to have the movie image and details. How do I create a library?
xbmc.org/wiki

read. the library is greyed out since it isnt populated yet
Thanks for the quick reply. I did just that (went to http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Set_Contents...Library%29 and printed and read the instructions). Just that when I click Video from the main screen, then click View: List etc, I never have Set contents. Where is it? I am using AppleTV.:confused2:
You need to bring up the context menu on your source.

Also see:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=233507&postcount=1
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks Sho. Did that and the AppleTV quit xbmc giving me a Code 6 (??)
Which step, bringing up the context menu or scanning media files into XBMC Library.

See my sig for where to find the various logs and use http://www.pastebin.com to post them.
Got it! (At least to the following stage).

Video ->
File List ->
Volume - select drive ->
Hold Menu ->
and then I get the Set content

My error was NOT to select the drive before pressing Menu.

Sorry for the trouble. Like I've said, I am a nubie :-(

Thanks a lot for quick assistance
But it should never crash, please tell us exactly how to reproduce.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
sho, here are the steps (which I was able to replicate several times)

Video ->
File List

While "File view" is selected press and hold Menu.

After a second or two xbmc will quit with the error code displayed on the screen
Let's see what Davilla makes out of this.
works fine with mouse and right-click. I don't have an IR remote at work so testing this will have to wait until I get home tonight.
davilla, I am not on a mac, but on AppleTV, thus not using a mouse or keyboard just the remote that came with the ATV. Because I have a HD connected through the USB port, I can't connect the keyboard/mouse.
lucdesaulniers, yes. I understand that already. My normal debug sequence is try and replication on my main dev platform as debugging under the AppleTV is a real pain.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library feature greyed out0