SVN 18446: blank screen - xbmc log is not being updated anymore
Hi,

Weird thing: last updates from SVN (18410 or smth like that) made the XBMC not to start up: the process does start (xbmc.bin is in the list of the active processes), but the screen is blank (running in a standalone mode) and the xbmc log file is not being updated at all. No errors in the stderr or stdout....

Anyone experiencing the same issue with the most recent builds? (checked out March 11 - March 12).

Vlad
hi

I'm experiencing problem with the most recent SVN aswell. My problem seems like it has appeared with the most recent SVNs 18407 - 18450.

My previous compiled version 18128 works fine.

There are no complilation errors and a log file isn't created but when I run svn180407 onwards xbmc crashes on startup with the following message.

sh: glxinfo: not found
Traceback ( most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/xbmc_120309/share/xbmc/FEH.py", line 169, in <module>
error("XBMC can not run without direct rendering.\n\nPlease install a valid opengl driver.")
File "/usr/local/xbmc_120309/share/xbmc/FEH.py", line 27, in error
if "Qt" in Output:
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

system is:
Ubuntu 8.10 minimal install
intel G45 chipset
intel graphics
I've just figured my problem out - I looked at ...share/xbmc/FEH.py line 169. it pointed me to a function baddirectrendering() which uses glxinfo to determine if direct rendering is being used. I hadn't got glxinfo installed. anyway I installed glxinfo using sudo apt-get install mesa-utils. problem solved.
If your running in standalone mode try altering your .xsession file and removing the -p from the xbmc command.

old: -q -p --stanalone

to: -q --standalone
http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/18398
Interestingly, that worked. Thanks!

Vlad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SVN 18446: blank screen - xbmc log is not being updated anymore0