AppleTV Settings not Saving
I updated to 2.3.1, and used atv-patchstick to jailbreak () I also needed to have TVComposite.kext working which it wasnt. So I restored to the factory settings. Updated to 2.3.1 again and then used atvflash to jailbreak () after that I got tvcomposite.kext working and all seems well, except when I restart the box or restart finder. It keeps asking me to select TV resolution. Almost like its not saving the setting. Any one would know why this is happening ?
Please some help with this, every time I exit XBMC or just restart finder it asks me for resolution.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Running since XBMP
yozh Wrote:I updated to 2.3.1, and used atv-patchstick to jailbreak () I also needed to have TVComposite.kext working which it wasnt. So I restored to the factory settings. Updated to 2.3.1 again and then used atvflash to jailbreak () after that I got tvcomposite.kext working and all seems well, except when I restart the box or restart finder. It keeps asking me to select TV resolution. Almost like its not saving the setting. Any one would know why this is happening ?
Please some help with this, every time I exit XBMC or just restart finder it asks me for resolution.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I even did a full restore and still same thing. Why is it doing that ?
Running since XBMP
I'll bet some interaction with TVComposite.kext. The appletv never gets the resolution to remember it so keeps asking over and over.

You might move to launcher 0.9. It works in a similar way as Launcher 0.8 but is safe for atvos r.2.3+.
davilla Wrote:I'll bet some interaction with TVComposite.kext. The appletv never gets the resolution to remember it so keeps asking over and over.

You might move to launcher 0.9. It works in a similar way as Launcher 0.8 but is safe for atvos r.2.3+.

Well I thought that it was that kext so I disabled it and went B&W and still the same, when I reset to factory defaults it was doing the same..... its driving me nuts!

Should I remove multifinder ? I think I`m already on .9
Running since XBMP
yozh Wrote:Well I thought that it was that kext so I disabled it and went B&W and still the same, when I reset to factory defaults it was doing the same..... its driving me nuts!

If you are on Launcher 0.9, it does not use multifinder.

awkwardtv forums are back up, I'd search there.
yozh Wrote:Well I thought that it was that kext so I disabled it and went B&W and still the same, when I reset to factory defaults it was doing the same..... its driving me nuts!

I've seen the same on my ATV, but it was with an older Launcher version and I could not reproduce it afterwards :/

Please check Launcher's version in Launcher -> About.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV Settings not Saving0