Hama MCE Remote issue...
I bought a Hama MCE Remote with an IR-Receiver to control XBMC.
What i didn't realize at this moment was, that this isn't a certified mce remote. That means, that no programm (girder, eventghost etc.) recognizes it as a remote. All programms treat the remote as a HID keyboard. That of course makes it pretty difficult to change the key mappings...

For example, when i press "fwd" on my remote, it sends CTRL+SHIFT+F

Here are my two questions:

1. Is there a programm that could help. A programm that could change this CTRL+SHIFT+F to an f or esc maybe?

2. Is it possible to change the XBMC mappings so thats CTRL+SHIFT+F is the shortcut in XBMC to "fwd"? I do know how to change the mappings but I don't know how to express CTRL+SHIFT+F in the mappings.xml!

Thanks or the help...

SimBla
I bought a Hama remote as well and couldn't get it working no matter what I tried (and I tried a lot). I now have a Logitech Dinovo Mini and I'm quite satisfied with it.
Logitech Dinovo Mini is a pretty expensive solution Smile

Is it really not possible to change the mappings that XBMC understand SHIFT+ Anybutton?
I bought a HAMA remote aswell and can not get it to work. Better buy a certified MCE remote.
my remote is also visible as a HID keyboard. I am using eventghost with the keyboard and the HID plugin and also with the XBMC plugin and it's working pretty good.

sidi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hama MCE Remote issue...0