[REQUEST] NCAA.com March Madness on Demand (Video) Plugin?
Lightbulb 
Its that time of year again! A good plugin/script would be fantastic and greatly appreciated. First round action tips off this Thursday at 12:20 PM ET! http://mmod.ncaa.com/

Thanks!

Edited February 1st 2010

So I started this thread last year with only a week to go before the start of march madness, I thought i'd bump it up to the top with more than a month to go this year, Would be great if someone wanted to give it a go.
That would be something special to be able to watch those games from CBS.com on the tv.
yabel Wrote:That would be something special to be able to watch those games from CBS.com on the tv.

It really would be, I'm hoping it can be done and someone around here is kind enough to make it happen.
I saved a few of the streams. looks like silverlight and mms:// asf streaming. i tested the files i downloaded and it didn't have drm but that was just a clip that doesn't mean full games won't.

i don't know much about silverlight. flash is so easy to tear apart if you need to silverlight might make this harder to make. at least for me i have no experience with it.

it would be great to have a cool live plugin. anyone know more about silverlight technology?

if nothing else you could sniff the mms stream and then paste that into a strm file then open that with xbmc. if it doesn't have drm i think xbmc will play it fine.
BlueCop Wrote:I saved a few of the streams. looks like silverlight and mms:// asf streaming. i tested the files i downloaded and it didn't have drm but that was just a clip that doesn't mean full games won't.

i don't know much about silverlight. flash is so easy to tear apart if you need to silverlight might make this harder to make. at least for me i have no experience with it.

it would be great to have a cool live plugin. anyone know more about silverlight technology?

if nothing else you could sniff the mms stream and then paste that into a strm file then open that with xbmc. if it doesn't have drm i think xbmc will play it fine.

A live plugin would be the ideal option, but if not then i guess trying to play the .strm file in XBMC would have to do.
i agree i would prefer a plug-in but it might be difficult to try to understand everything the silverlight app is doing so i was just try to offer an alternate to get the content to xbmc.
BlueCop Wrote:i agree i would prefer a plug-in but it might be difficult to try to understand everything the silverlight app is doing so i was just try to offer an alternate to get the content to xbmc.

Thanx for the replies Bluecop, i appreciate the work that you do.
tournament starts today!
trying to get something functional thrown together if i can. it is all mms streams without drm.
A buddy of mine has sports highlights and recaps only for NCAA March Madness, not full game footage. I'll take a look at this, but I'm sure BlueCop is on it like stink on poop!
They've done it with Plex
Aenima99x Wrote:They've done it with Plex

Have you gotten a chance to try out the plex version?
the plex version requires webkit and silverlight installed. it basicly launches a browser that then plays the media this isn't possible in xbmc.

i am just going to bow out on this. sorry it is just too much effort with not much return for me. i can't motivate myself. i don't watch sports.
Ya it would have been alot of work in just a short amount of time. Only the 1st weekend do you have multiple games going on. I appreciate all the work the scripters do but with this it would have been a big project to do real fast on the fly.
Go UNC
Smile
yabel Wrote:Ya it would have been alot of work in just a short amount of time. Only the 1st weekend do you have multiple games going on. I appreciate all the work the scripters do but with this it would have been a big project to do real fast on the fly.
Go UNC
Smile

+1 Thanks a lot guys!

Go Tar Heels!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] NCAA.com March Madness on Demand (Video) Plugin?0