Doomstone Wrote:Hmm i'm realy having some problems with MIP, it takes forever to "Load Show". and with forever i mean about 1 to 2 hours.
I have a total of 37 series with about 1,5k episodes. My pc have a 3 Ghz Dual core with 4 GB DDR3 ram, ram so that sould not be the problems.
what takes the longes it the "-- Working on: xxxxxxx" some times it can be suck at the same series for quit some time.
On a last note, how come that after i have done a "Load Show", and evything have been downloadet and so on, that if i click on a series, it starts downloading some banners or somethink like that again?
the problem is that it's looking for the information as it's loading the show data, i.e. connecting to thetvdb.com and most of the time trying to get the images that failed (usually timed out) from there. slower there server, slower mip gets.. which is why umm has those areas in different parts (backend thing)
if you change to display mode and uncheck allow icon selection, it'll be much much quicker .. if it's still slow, and your stuff is on a server (or another pc) a gb network connection works wonders to speed things up (this is another area where umm's server rocks, as the ui is just showing the data, the work and loading and everything else runs at the server level.
The other images it's grabbing for the shows when you click on them are the media images (cd image, front cover, etc) you can disable those in the config settings.
Quote:Re-reading my last post, I did not intend it to sound as childish as it did. Without meaning to piss on any of the devs hard work, but oh god is MIP a frustrating experience in Win7 64bit. Possibly one of the worst GUI's I've ever seen.
I am so glad to hear UMM is coming along nicely, I had the time to browse the homepage today and it looks amazing. I wish you guys had a list of things people with limited coding knowledge could help with, I've already started to look at state of thetvdb's dvd orders.
Also I had a small idea and was wondering if you guys would ever thing about implementing it to UMM, however it is a bit of a 'grey area' and I apologise now if it crosses the line. How about allowing file names of episodes to be looked up against a database of 'scene' release names(like here)? Seeing as the vast majority of users 'acquire' episodes, it would allow the recognition of most file names without the need of renaming or relying on naming patterns.
Anyway, just a thought.
no worries, i tried it under vista 64, the biggest POS OS i've ever used, granted it was bloated with HP garbage, but it was horrible (the os and MIP).
It's actually better (if your under vista 64 bit) to run it in sun's virtual box then in the actual OS.
UMM will support RSS feeds, what you do with that data is on you. Feeds can be processed, and links in those feeds downloaded.
UMM will also support auto-sorting of tv episodes, and as long as they are close to the right names, with one of the standard(ish) naming conventions, it does a decent job and putting things where they belong. With some time, and some neat tricks, we are shooting for a really high match rate using open subtitles.org information.
We'll take any help we can, from testing to feature requests, to helping get the information we scrape up to par (thetvdb and themoviedb are key scrapers for most of the apps)
Test sets of data are very helpfull as well.. simple enough to make, just create a 0k file with the show/episode name, and match the standard folder structures (tvshowname/episodefile.avi or tvshowname/seasonXX/episodefile.avi) .. the more that's tested the stronger the app becomes.
i.e. you could take your media, and copy everything (except the media file itself, replace that with a 0k file with the same name) and we have a test set that matches your media.. get a few of those and we make a nice big test set against each build to sort out the issues.