• 131(current)
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET)
Also, I scraped some movies with Ember and thought I'd do it with MIP too, and MIP sees the "extrathumbs" folders that Ember makes as movies. Can I keep these in there, or do I need to move them, or is there a way to tell MIP to not look at them, or just get rid of them in it's database? THANKS!
The "year" is still scraped incorrectly. I get 1970 for every movie... is there a way to fix this without too much trouble?
Would be great because this is the only major error in this still very usefull tool.
Hmmm, yes, me too, MIP has seemed to stop reading it's own movie.nfo files, it's saying they don't exist and when it rescrapes, it's coming up with the year as 1970
the download link for the latest patch on page 1 doesnt work. is the anybody who can upload it somewhere??
fekker Wrote:Movie Year scrape issue --> looks like imdb changed it's format again, i'll see if i can get a patch out for that

For music titles, honestly i can't remember how that part works as i haven't touched that code in a long time. I'll be revisiting that when we get to the music portion of UMM, which isn't that far out as movies and tv shows core items are being wrapped up.

As for the sourcecode, it's available on sourceforge, i'll see about getting it on github when i get a chance.

update: here's the git version.. untested import from github
http://github.com/spudsdude/Media-Info-Plus

Fekker

Is this dead now as a project? I'm also suffering with the 1970 issue. Will there be a fix available?
Methanoid Wrote:Fekker

Is this dead now as a project? I'm also suffering with the 1970 issue. Will there be a fix available?

Looks like it is abandoned now. Too bad, I really like it, and would like fixes for a couple of issues (the 1970, and MIP crashing with files edited by MediaReader). Well, it is open source, maybe some talented programmer will fix it...

And it seems like the substitute (Universal Media Manager - http://www.teamumx.com) might still be developed, as there are patches being committed by spudsdude even if the forums there have nothing new since March 2010.
Where is the laterst version of the source for Media Infor Plus. The version on sources Forge seems to be the predessor Movie Info Plus.

The version on GitHub reference in the thread also seems to be too old.
If you browse sourceforge, you'll see there is a updated media info plus in there (here) but it needs krypton toolkit 4.1.6 or higher, meaning two things - first, you have to buy the toolkit to build it; second, you will only be able to build it for windows.

Of course, you can always try Universal Media Manager, which is supposed to replace MIP among others, and is seeing commits. It is also in sourceforge (here), but with my limited mono/.net knowledge I couldn't get it to build.
jbernardo Wrote:If you browse sourceforge, you'll see there is a updated media info plus in there (here) but it needs krypton toolkit 4.1.6 or higher, meaning two things - first, you have to buy the toolkit to build it; second, you will only be able to build it for windows.

Of course, you can always try Universal Media Manager, which is supposed to replace MIP among others, and is seeing commits. It is also in sourceforge (here), but with my limited mono/.net knowledge I couldn't get it to build.

The toolkit is free, but yes it's windows only. One of the main reasons I stopped updating MIP is that the toolkit and code are tied directly together, it's a mess that couldn't be split up and reused without a re-write of the code. And that toolkit, with MIP's code, doesn't play well with Windows Vista/7.

UMM is being created, it's just a slow process at the moment. You don't have to have mono to build it under Windows, and there's pre-compiled binaries up there as well. There haven't been many postings on things as the branch I've been working on is no longer the core branch, the core has a bunch of changes in how things work to make it more expandable.

I got abit sidetracked from UMM with the Netflix plugin for XBMC (Windows/OSX only), but it's still being worked on.
Thanks for the update fekker!
I am not running windows, so I was waiting for UMM. I still run MIP under wine and it works well, apart from the 1970 date for all films, and crashing when opening nfos updated by Media Reader.
I thought krypton was not free, I just assumed that since it isn't open source.
Im still rocking this app for all my TV shows. Wink

Just wanted to unburry this app since it works so well.
kizer Wrote:Im still rocking this app for all my TV shows. Wink

Just wanted to unburry this app since it works so well.
Ok, since some folks are still using it, I've fixed the year/tagline/studio/rating/votes scrape from imdb. I updated the krypton toolkit, but it's still crappy and slow to open mip. I don't have any plans on picking MIP back up, this is just a fix build as I still get lots of requests for it. UMM is the focus.

Here's the 2.4.0.1 and 2.4.0.2 update for mip
http://sourceforge.net/projects/movieinf...z/download
if ya want you can try this one 2.4.0.2 - add's an option to ingore movie folders that name contains something, it's a comma seperated list in the config, go to settings, scroll down, enter the values, like .actors,extrathumbs,url .. etc..

Download the full install (if you haven't already) and extract the files to your install directory.
Show work for any 2.0.1 build 2870 or higher build of mip (since it replaces the .exe and .dll's)

UMM's tv shows are way better the MIP's, there's a ton more options available, my two favorite's are finding missing episodes and auto-sorting files.

If you used MIP's tv shows feature, please give the 1.1.0.3 (or newer UMM) a try and let's see about getting a stable release for you all to use. I liked some of the MIP items, and I think you'll find UMM's tv side to have alot more options.
This tool looks exactly what I need but i'm having a problem which is probably down to user error Wink I've searched the forums but just can't seem to locate the a solution.

I have loaded all my films in using a C:\movies\<folder per movie> approach but none of the images are being assigned to my films.

The cache directory is full of images that match the ones i'm missing so I know they are being downloaded but not added. I'm mainly interested in generating folder.jpg images for XBMC.

Can anyone help? I'm running on 2.4.0.1 On Windows 7 and the only oddite i've noticed is that I have to enter the admin password to run the app.
fekker Wrote:Ok, since some folks are still using it, I've fixed the year/tagline/studio/rating/votes scrape from imdb. I updated the krypton toolkit, but it's still crappy and slow to open mip. I don't have any plans on picking MIP back up, this is just a fix build as I still get lots of requests for it. UMM is the focus.

Here's the 2.4.0.1 and 2.4.0.2 update for mip
if ya want you can try this one 2.4.0.2 - add's an option to ingore movie folders that name contains something, it's a comma seperated list in the config, go to settings, scroll down, enter the values, like .actors,extrathumbs,url .. etc..

Download the full install (if you haven't already) and extract the files to your install directory.
Show work for any 2.0.1 build 2870 or higher build of mip (since it replaces the .exe and .dll's)

UMM's tv shows are way better the MIP's, there's a ton more options available, my two favorite's are finding missing episodes and auto-sorting files.

If you used MIP's tv shows feature, please give the 1.1.0.3 (or newer UMM) a try and let's see about getting a stable release for you all to use. I liked some of the MIP items, and I think you'll find UMM's tv side to have alot more options.

"The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator."

user: TorbjornKarlsson

Help!!
PrimaryMaster Wrote:"The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator."

user: TorbjornKarlsson

Help!!

I've given up registering on the UMM forums, the activation email never was sent (and no, it didn't finish in the spam folder). Sad
  • 131(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET)7