• 85(current)
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET)
FEkker I cannot load my music files because the programme has some unhandled exception. I really want to scrape my music, please help!
garyi Wrote:FEkker I cannot load my music files because the programme has some unhandled exception. I really want to scrape my music, please help!

Please provide more information. What OS are you using? Are you using the most up-to-date version of the program? When does this exception occur?
hi Digitalhigh, I get this everytime I attempt to 'load my music'

Unhandled exception when trying to load my music database:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path)
at System.IO.Path.InternalCombine(String path1, String path2)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames( String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path)
at movieinfoplus.maincollection.loadmusic()
at movieinfoplus.maincollection.tsbLoadMyMusic_Click( Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Obje ct key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(Event Args e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(Eve ntArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(M ouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventIntera ctive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(Event Args e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEven tArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)

If there is a way for me to gather more pertinent information please let me know, I really really want to scrape my music and MIP seems to be the only app that does so. After this exception it fails to load the music at all, just sits there, seems to pick up movies OK on the same volume.
"Illegal characters in path."

Okay...again. What OS are you working under, and what is the path to your music folder??
Sorry. I am on Windows XP, and the path is f drive (i think, I am underbootcamp on mac) droboshare/drobo/music/
garyi Wrote:Sorry. I am on Windows XP, and the path is f drive (i think, I am underbootcamp on mac) droboshare/drobo/music/

This is definitely shaping up to be an issue for Fekker. So, if I understand correctly, Bootcamp is a MAC app designed to allow windoze to run on a PPC machine?

My guess would be that it requires an actual windows drive to access the music, hence the invalid path error. I've gotta do some father's day stuff right now, but when I return home, I'll look into the issue and see if perhaps there's another way to get MIP running on a MAC.
Hi people! I new here and I'm getting some hard time to make works the TVshows update.

My folder:
/Shows/
/Fringe/
/Season 1/
Fringe s01exx.mkv

But when I try to load I get this message - No show data exists for the following shows:
Fringe s1e01
Fringe s1e02
Fringe s1e03
Fringe s1e04
Fringe s1e05
Fringe s1e06
Fringe s1e07
Fringe s1e08
Fringe s1e09
Fringe s1e10
Fringe s1e11
Fringe s1e12
Fringe s1e13
Fringe s1e14
Fringe s1e15
Fringe s1e16
Fringe s1e17
Fringe s1e18
Fringe s1e19
Fringe s1e20

What I doing wrong?
Hi Digitalhi. Bootcamp although sounding very exciting actually installs XP just as it would install on your PC. There is no difference what so ever, More over this issue only occurs on music, for movies the programme works just fine and the movies are on the same drobo volume.
I have some problems with MIP.

1. It doesn't appear to be able to parse chinese characters (utf8)
2. It doesn't appear to correctly parse "The Fifth Element"(only gets IMDB data)

Several TV shows do not get detected, eventhough they are correctly named and available on tvdb.

I also have a question, i use AEON skin and would like to download the title-fanart instead of the wide banner where possible for TV shows, eventhough i changed the settings to use fanart as banner i seem to be unable to replace the existing banners, anyone know how to fix this?
Already fixed, I just change the path name and all go ok Wink
digitalhigh Wrote:What filenames are you using for your thumbnails? I find that using movie.tbn for everything yields the most reliable results.

Thanks for the help! It appears that was the problem. I had been using MIP to create a <moviename>.tbn, forgetting that many of my movies had file names that were different from the movie title.

Thanks for the quick response and all of the help.
DiscordSeed Wrote:Hi people! I new here and I'm getting some hard time to make works the TVshows update.

My folder:
/Shows/
/Fringe/
/Season 1/
Fringe s01exx.mkv

But when I try to load I get this message - No show data exists for the following shows:
Fringe s1e01
Fringe s1e02
Fringe s1e03
Fringe s1e04
Fringe s1e05
Fringe s1e06
Fringe s1e07
Fringe s1e08
Fringe s1e09
Fringe s1e10
Fringe s1e11
Fringe s1e12
Fringe s1e13
Fringe s1e14
Fringe s1e15
Fringe s1e16
Fringe s1e17
Fringe s1e18
Fringe s1e19
Fringe s1e20

What I doing wrong?

Although I don't see any apparent errors in your naming scheme, you may want to try this program:

http://www.therenamer.com/

I find it very useful for renaming my files to a scheme that MIP recognizes 99% of the time.

garyi Wrote:Hi Digitalhi. Bootcamp although sounding very exciting actually installs XP just as it would install on your PC. There is no difference what so ever, More over this issue only occurs on music, for movies the programme works just fine and the movies are on the same drobo volume.

As I can't test this myself, I'm afraid I can't be too useful in troubleshooting this particular setup. However, you may want to try running MIP under wine on your native MAC partition. Hopefully, this may yield better results for you.

tetsuo55 Wrote:I have some problems with MIP.

1. It doesn't appear to be able to parse chinese characters (utf8)
2. It doesn't appear to correctly parse "The Fifth Element"(only gets IMDB data)

Several TV shows do not get detected, eventhough they are correctly named and available on tvdb.

I also have a question, i use AEON skin and would like to download the title-fanart instead of the wide banner where possible for TV shows, eventhough i changed the settings to use fanart as banner i seem to be unable to replace the existing banners, anyone know how to fix this?

2. Attached is my personal .nfo file for "The Fifth Element". Try deleting all other .nfo files, and extracting this one to your folder.

What shows are not detected?

When you say you can't replace the existing banners, are you talking about on your computer, or in XBMC? If the problem is in XBMC, you need to view the show info, and then manually re-select the new images you wish to use.

Alternatively, you could delete all the images in your thumbnail cache...but this means you will delete every thumbnail, thus requiring a total re-scan of your files...
I searched in this thread and couldnt find an anwser so please dont bash if it was already asked, I tried searching for IMDB auto update, as well as for autopilot, but couldn't find an answer.

How do you get MIP to update only the imdb ratings/votes for your collection? I've tried autopilot with update media information, and update with creating new nfo's and no images, but it still doesn't update the ratings for my movies. IS there a way to do this that I'm missing?

Thanks
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Hi

since today i have a problem with "Load Shows".
I click the button, Mip begins to scan the Folder, but after the Scan, i cant see any show in the list.

I start the debug mode and that is all I get:
Code:
TV Show Loading / Status Logging...
Reading Folder Data

-----------------------------------------
Processing: Death Note
Found tvshow.nfo.. loading...
TMDB ID: 79481
Done with Banners Fanart and Posters
Processing Actors Data

Processing: heroes
TMDB ID: 79501
Checking Season Items: seasons\79501-1-7.jpg
Processing Actors Data

Processing: Samurai Champloo
TMDB ID: 79089
Checking Fanart Items: fanart\original\79089-11.jpg
Checking Fanart Items: fanart\original\79089-10.jpg
Checking Fanart Items: fanart\original\79089-9.jpg
Processing Actors Data

Processing: Scrubs
TMDB ID: 76156
Checking Season Items: seasons\76156-2-4.jpg
Checking Season Items: seasons\76156-6-5.jpg
Checking Season Items: seasons\76156-4-4.jpg
Checking Season Items: seasons\76156-5-4.jpg
Checking Season Items: seasons\76156-3-4.jpg
Checking Season Items: seasons\76156-1-3.jpg
Checking Season Items: seasons\76156-7-6.jpg
Checking Season Items: seasons\76156-7-5.jpg
Checking Season Items: seasons\76156-1-4.jpg
Processing Actors Data

Processing: two and a half men
TMDB ID: 72227
Processing Actors Data
Reading Folder Data

Processing: Death Note
Found tvshow.nfo.. attempting to load...
TMDB ID: 79481
Processing Actors Data

Processing: heroes
TMDB ID: 79501
Checking Season Items: seasons\79501-1-7.jpg
Processing Actors Data

Processing: Samurai Champloo
TMDB ID: 79089
Checking Fanart Items: fanart\original\79089-11.jpg
Checking Fanart Items: fanart\original\79089-10.jpg
Checking Fanart Items: fanart\original\79089-9.jpg
Processing Actors Data

Processing: Scrubs
TMDB ID: 76156
Checking Season Items: seasons\76156-2-4.jpg
Checking Season Items: seasons\76156-6-5.jpg
Checking Season Items: seasons\76156-4-4.jpg
Checking Season Items: seasons\76156-5-4.jpg
Checking Season Items: seasons\76156-3-4.jpg
Checking Season Items: seasons\76156-1-3.jpg
Checking Season Items: seasons\76156-7-6.jpg
Checking Season Items: seasons\76156-7-5.jpg
Checking Season Items: seasons\76156-1-4.jpg
Processing Actors Data

Processing: two and a half men
TMDB ID: 72227
Processing Actors Data
Scanning / Update tv shows started
------------ 591----------------

Have anyone an Idea?

thx eumel

edit: i found the failure, after I turn the "Tv Show Language" from "de" back to "en", Mip scans the Shows correct.
digitalhigh Wrote:2. Attached is my personal .nfo file for "The Fifth Element". Try deleting all other .nfo files, and extracting this one to your folder.
i deleted everything in the folder except the movie itself and now it works strangely enough.... (all my movies had pre-existing data)

digitalhigh Wrote:What shows are not detected?

Code:
No show data exists for the following shows:
American Dad! (2005)
Avatar The Last Airbender (2005)
Beautiful Cooking (2006)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997)
Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles (2008)
The Genius Of Charles Darwin (2008)
The Tower of Druaga (2008)
巾幗梟雄
日日有食神
畢打自己人
老婆大人II
蘇GOOD

digitalhigh Wrote:When you say you can't replace the existing banners, are you talking about on your computer, or in XBMC? If the problem is in XBMC, you need to view the show info, and then manually re-select the new images you wish to use.
Alternatively, you could delete all the images in your thumbnail cache...but this means you will delete every thumbnail, thus requiring a total re-scan of your files...
i mean in MIP, a series that was already scanned in the past will always keep showing a banner instead of a fanart, only if i manually replace the file "folder.jpg" with the fanart will MIP show it

(I want to be able to mass-replace from withing mip)
EDIT:
Basically this banner problems seems to be the same issue as with the fifth element
  • 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET)7