Power controls
I have XBMC set to idle out at 10 minutes and default action as suspend. This works fine. However now when I choose to power off XBMC it just goes into suspend mode. How can I set it to suspend after set time yet still be able to close XBMC? I think I am missing something obvious.
The one in IDLE will trigger XBMC.Shutdown() (builtin action) the XBMC.Shutdown will trigger the default shutdown action. this is suspend in your case (as set in settings)

However you can ofc. trigger XBMC.Powerdown() from button on the remote or in skin by tweaking it.

It´s abit of a mess but it´s because people have all sorts of ideas on what the shutdown button should do, some wants it to suspend, some minimize and some exit. Thats why we linked it to a choosable default action.

Skins should have an extra PowerDown / shutdown system in the shutdown menu, but it´s up to the skinner.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Topfs2 Wrote:The one in IDLE will trigger XBMC.Shutdown() (builtin action) the XBMC.Shutdown will trigger the default shutdown action. this is suspend in your case (as set in settings)

However you can ofc. trigger XBMC.Powerdown() from button on the remote or in skin by tweaking it.

It´s abit of a mess but it´s because people have all sorts of ideas on what the shutdown button should do, some wants it to suspend, some minimize and some exit. Thats why we linked it to a choosable default action.

Skins should have an extra PowerDown / shutdown system in the shutdown menu, but it´s up to the skinner.

Cheers,
Tobias
It is a bit of a mess, but thanks for the tip on editing the skin to do it.

I feel if I bring up the shutdown menu I should have the option of closing XBMC, standby, power down the PC, reboot the PC, and the timer can be set for whichever one of these actions is chosen. This should all be independent of the idle out action in settings.

I guess I can do this by editing the skin.
kricker Wrote:It is a bit of a mess, but thanks for the tip on editing the skin to do it.

I feel if I bring up the shutdown menu I should have the option of closing XBMC, standby, power down the PC, reboot the PC, and the timer can be set for whichever one of these actions is chosen. This should all be independent of the idle out action in settings.

The timer can be made to trigger whatever action you´d like. So you can do a feature request for it, or rather please try it yourself and submit a patch. Basically you would need to change timersomething(xbmc.shutdown) to timersomething(xbmc.powerdown)

Here is some more info on the subject: http://xbmc.org/topfs2/2008/09/23/skinne...hibernate/
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
kricker Wrote:It is a bit of a mess, but thanks for the tip on editing the skin to do it.

I agree with this. I've been using EventGhost to automate some of these actions since I could not see directly how to get XBMC to do it.

Are these exposed to the HTTP interface?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I too do most of this through Event Ghost and not XBMC. Even in the exit menu, Shutdown XBMC and Exit do the same thing so now I don't even bother with it and call XBMC.Quit when I press power on my remote then use Event Ghost to follow it up with System.Standby.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Power controls0