XBMC can't scrape IMDB or thetvdb.com
I mentioned my problem in this thread- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post299685, but since that problem seems to be resolved for most people, I'm reposting here.

XBMC on my Apple TV will not connect to IMDB or thetvdb.com to update the library. I am able to watch videos from my network share without any trouble. I can watch the streaming Apple movie trailers form the Internet. I also downloaded the latest XBMC build through my Apple TV, so the Internet seems to be fine.

A few weeks ago, with this same setup, everything was working perfectly. Then it stopped working. A couple of days ago, it appeared to start working again, but now no luck.

A log is linked below. There are a lot of warnings and errors, but other than the library updating issue, everything else is working great. My wife is watching "Buffy" as I type this. Thanks in advance for the help.

http://pastebin.com/m397530ae
Typical connectivity issues with the server. Pay close attention to the messages that say Timed out, also messages that say 404. These issues are related to the server. Your tubes aren't clogged, thetvdb server is notorious for creating confusion with XBMC users because there is no error catching type stuff to display to the user when something goes wrong. The only way to see this stuff is in a debug log.

It could also be that the tvdb has changed it's api and the scrapper doesn't work anymore, but that's unlikely and would be a poor decision on thetvdb's part to not make the changes backwards compatible, but then again I know jack about scrapers.
From what I can tell from browsing the forums, there was a widespread problem with thetvdb.com that has since been worked out. I'm still having trouble, though. I haven't noticed anyone else also having trouble with IMDB.
I am still having trouble with thetvdb.com. IMDB seems to be working fine for me now. The behaviour of thetvdb.com is very erratic. It downloaded information for one show just fine and then just decided to stop working.

I've included a log. It includes examples of successful and unsuccessful scraping of thetvdb.com within minutes of each other. I would really appreciate it if someone could take a look.

Thanks!

http://pastebin.ca/1369706
jtp8736,

1) Do not cut your log. There is important details that we use.
2) You look to be using an older build. Upgrade and then report back.
3) 404 are seen. As previously mentioned, that usually indicates problems with the remote side.

But, first step is to upgrade to make sure you are using the latest builds to make sure this is not already something that had been fixed.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
jtp8736 Wrote:I am still having trouble with thetvdb.com. IMDB seems to be working fine for me now. The behaviour of thetvdb.com is very erratic. It downloaded information for one show just fine and then just decided to stop working.

I've included a log. It includes examples of successful and unsuccessful scraping of thetvdb.com within minutes of each other. I would really appreciate it if someone could take a look.

Thanks!

http://pastebin.ca/1369706

Please set content to 'None', then again set it to tvshows (thetvdb.com) and report back if this fixes the issue.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks for the quick reply. I cut the log because I was receiving errors trying to upload it. After I cut it, it was fine.

I'll upgrade to the newest version and report back.
This seemed to do the trick (so far). I can't believe I didn't try this. Thanks!

vdrfan Wrote:Please set content to 'None', then again set it to tvshows (thetvdb.com) and report back if this fixes the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC can't scrape IMDB or thetvdb.com0