MyPictures, a python made database
Hi everybody

I'm writing here to tell you that I'm working on a python script to get into a database pictures informations.

Right now my early developpement enable to parse desired folders recursively, searching for jpg files. For each jpg files it founds, exif infos then IPTC infos are retrieved from within picture, and stored into a sqlite database.

I have been told that this feature will be included in few next XBMC releases, but can't wait for it ! Furthermore, I don't even know what would exactly be the features. So I made mine. (Just hopping I can release it before the xbmc features)

This has already been asked for in the "XBMC Feature Suggestions discussion forum" here :
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=22407
but please if you have advice about this script, special request, ..., please post it here to let me know.
nice! anything you need from the "core" ask and you shall receive Smile
Hey,

I don't know if this is anything that can be included in what you're trying to do but...

(I've asked in the past but I dont think there was any interest)
I have hundreds/thousands of pictures all seperated into folders according to date. There are literally over a hundred folders.

I would love to see a function that would recursively generate all the thumbnails for the photos automatically.

As it is I have to enter each folder and wait for the thumbnails to generate and the move to the next folder. This is very time consuming.

Anyway,
Thanks for the consideration.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyPictures, a python made database1