SVN Installer OS X
Hey I have the latest Atlantis build for OS X. I was trying to install the SVN plugin installer but can't seem to get it to work. I put the installer inside of /plugins/programs/ but I don't see a a plugins file on OS X. It tells me to add it on Video plugins but if I do that nothing installs. I tried to add it to favourites.xml but I don't know where that file is located. Any help?
You can create favourites.xml in your userdata dir (sorry, no idea where that is on OSX).
I'd take a wild guess and say favorites.xml sits in the /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata directory with the other xml config files. For it's syntax, this was mentioned recently.

jon9904 Wrote:Hi all,

I'm new to the XBMC scene, and let me say, this application has the most potential I've seen in a long time. So thanks for all the hard work!

Just thought I'd let any interested OS X and/or aTV users of this plugin, the favourites.xml path should be as shown below:

<favourites>
<favourite name="SVN Repo Installer" thumb="/Users/frontrow/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/plugins/programs/SVN Repo Installer/default.tbn">ActivateWindow(10001,plugin://programs/SVN Repo Installer/)
</favourite>
</favourites>

Thanks again!
tyche Wrote:I'd take a wild guess and say favorites.xml sits in the /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata directory with the other xml config files. For it's syntax, this was mentioned recently.

I don't have a frontrow user but I put it under my user name and nothing shows up. I copied the syntax like you showed. I named it both favourites.xml and favorites.xml with no luck Sad.
I guess native OS X is wildly different. Do you have a .xbmc directory in your home directory? That file needs to be where all the other xbmc personal config is. Where skin directory is, log files, plugins, scripts, etc. You need to find where all this gets stored for lots of other things and its should be in your home directory of the account used to install & run xbmc.
XBMC userdata is always located at

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/

where <username> is your username (ie. frontrow for the atv)

notice the space " " in "Application Support".

The structure is the same as under linux.

So for;

""/Users/frontrow/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/plugins/programs/"

if you don't have plugins, make the directory, same goes for programs or any other directory reference you might come across.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SVN Installer OS X0