Fan art causes double press
I have searched all around and not really found anyone with a similar problem to me.

My MCE remote works beautifully through eventghost until I browse to movies or tv shows in the library and enable 'fanart' view. Whenever I do this it causes double presses to become very common when I'm moving up or down or selecting a menu. I have looked at the eventghost log and it receives both button presses.

I have tried increasing the delay on the remote in eventghost but this only seems to help when i increase it beyond about 2 seconds!

I am using the updated driver for the MCE remote.

Any ideas
Go into eventghost and right click on the MCE remote. Then find the box that is next to "Disable HID service for this remote" and make sure it is NOT checked. Then remove the ties you made from the remote to the XBMC Up, down, left, right, and select buttons. It will run amazingly smooth.
I have tried this but its not working for me. When I remove the button up down left and right from eventghost it now no longer does these in XBMC. I have checked services.msc and HID is running. I did the reboot as eventghost asked.
That's strange. It works perfectly for me that way.
bump... still not solved, can anyone help me with this
If you enable debug and see how long it takes for fanart to show up (you'll see how long each image takes) you can then figure out what kind of remoterepeat you should set in your advancedsettings.xml (check manual).

Something like:

<remoterepeat>750</remoterepeat>
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Can you explain this a bit more please.

How do I enable the debug?

What do I do with the information from the debug.
Do i need to just set the remote repeat time to be higher than the amount of time the fan art takes to show up?
Justcop Wrote:Can you explain this a bit more please.

How do I enable the debug?

What do I do with the information from the debug.
Do i need to just set the remote repeat time to be higher than the amount of time the fan art takes to show up?

1) Read the manual.
2) The information in the debug will give you the amount of time it takes to load some image.
3) Yes. Set the remoterepeat to something > the max time it takes to load an image.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fan art causes double press0