Sound partially broken
Hello,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before and I did some searching but was unable to pin down my problem so here goes.

I did a fresh install today following the HOW-TO pinned on this forum.

Basically I'm running the Ubuntu 8.10 mini-install with only the stuff mentioned in the guide installed.

Everything worked fine to start with (including mp3s, CDs, and streams) then I watched a HD movie and after that all sound is gone for music apps for some wierd reason, no settings changed to my best knowledge, no reboot or even restart of XBMC done.

Audio is still available in movies and videoclips but not when I want to play mp3's or Last.fm streams for instance.

I've gone through the settings multiple times but can find nothing out of order, although I admit I'm quite the noob so I might have overlooked something.

I use S/PDIF and AC97 to a receiver if that matters and as I said, audio in movies work just fine.

So, could anyone of you point me in the right direction in order to sort this out?

Thanks!
See this thread and in particular, this post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35901&page=3

Should get you back up and running.

xnappo
I had actually dismissed that thread earlier since my S/PDIF did actually work for video content but not for music. Anyhow I tried it after reading your reply and it worked like a charm.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound partially broken0