[HELP] Tv scraping with partial nfo's
I have always used tvdb scraper to pull my information for my tv shows. I have always known about MIP & Media Companion, but never used them for TV series. Recently I have decided to add network icons, but there is no listitem for network. I decided to replace the rating with the network, and do it that way.

I used Media Companion to make the tv show nfo file and changed all the ratings to networks. My problem comes now when I do a fresh library scan. The shows will load, but there will be no seasons.

My question is can you do a mixture of nfo's and then scraping from the internet. My overall goal is to have just the tvshow.nfo, but use the scraper for all episode information. Any direction on this would be much appreciated.

Here is a sample nfo

<tvshow>
<title>24</title>
<rating>Fox</rating>
<season>-1</season>
<episode>0</episode>
<displayseason>-1</displayseason>
<displayepisode>-1</displayepisode>
<plot>Federal Agent Jack Bauer can't afford to always play by the rules. As a member of the L.A. Counter Terrorist Unit, Jack must stop bombs, viruses, assassination attempts, and usually save someone he cares about all in a day's time. Every season of this series has 24 episodes, each unfolding in real time following a consecutive hour in one very bad day.</plot>
<runtime>60 minutes</runtime>
<mpaa>TV-14</mpaa>
<watched>false</watched>
<id>tt0285331</id>
<tvdbid>76290</tvdbid>
<genre>Action and Adventure / Drama</genre>
<premiered>2001-11-06</premiered>
</tvshow>
See the "mixed nfo" section of the wiki. I think that will do what you want.
I just want to make sure I got this right. if I add the following it should do the trick...

<episodeguideurl>http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=76290&lid=7<episodeguideurl>

The address being the main page on TVDB. This should allow it to load my tvshow.nfo and then look to TVDB for for all episode & season scraping.
no it wouldn't. export a tvshow and see the nfo and you'll get the proper url format to use

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HELP] Tv scraping with partial nfo's0