Too early to make suggestions for Stark? Movie Info Details
Maybe it's just me but a few of the main things I'm looking for when I press the info button on a movie is imdb ranking, runtime and rating details (why it's rated what it is).

It would be cool if those three things could be added somehow. Maybe something like this:

Yeah, I think runtime is a really important info in the info screen... but rating I don't care about =)

IMDB ranking is there already?!? Look at the screens at http://www.aeonproject.com/ no stars tho...
MrIcka Wrote:Yeah, I think runtime is a really important info in the info screen... but rating I don't care about =)

IMDB ranking is there already?!? Look at the screens at http://www.aeonproject.com/ no stars tho...
I love the rating details. It helps me narrow some things down, like lets say I have 10 movies with Angelina Jolie and I know she gets naked in one of them but can't remember exactly which one... being able to see why it's Rated R, helps me track down the right one. Smile

The screenshots I've seen only have stars and not the actual IMDB number, but maybe that's an option that can be changed. If so, that would work.
There's an option to have Stars or Text for the IMDB rating.
Why is the runtime not there? Definitely one of the most important info details.
Aenima99x Wrote:Why is the runtime not there? Definitely one of the most important info details.

I think it's important too but my guess is maybe because your version is not the
same as the runtime that's on IMDB.

There are movies that are 89 mins in USA, 93 mins in UK, 105 mins for Director's cut, etc... How does it know what version you have. Unless cptBry (sp?) has
that in the media flagging...

It's easy to display when there is just one runtime but if there is a lot, it may
not fit.

Unless djh_ makes that text scrollable i guess...

Just rambling... don't mind me Wink

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
I like the runtime idea, what PR.Sinister makes sense, but one could easily edit the .NFO, or scrape to an NFO if they don't have one and add the correct run time there. I would love to see this, maybe in the first reversion. While I've never attempted to make a skin for XBMC, this seems like it would be a fairly basic thing to add. I could be wrong though Smile
Runtime is one of the items that is scanned by cptBry and thus by MIP for media.
For a 'professional' looking skin, ratings should not be displayed by default.

It's only where small children are involved that this would come in handy (which involves only a very small proportion of XBMC users) - otherwise, you have the 'genre' category to tell you what sort of movie it is.

There's only a limited amount of space you can take up with information before things begin to look cluttered - 'ratings' is a complete waste... at least for a skin that wants to set new standards and look 'professional', which this skin is!

-1 for ratings... +1 for runtime

IMDB ratings are crap too... ever since fanboys and movie studios started skewing the results, IMDB ratings have become completely unreliable.

You know what's better? Using the NUMBER of votes for a movie on IMDB - that way, you can tell how popular a movie is - that would be much more useful than craptastic ratings where horrible films can often do well, and some gems fare less so.
joncgde2 Wrote:You know what's better? Using the NUMBER of votes for a movie on IMDB - that way, you can tell how popular a movie is - that would be much more useful than craptastic ratings where horrible films can often do well, and some gems fare less so.
I like having both the rating and the votes: 6.70 (81,473) is what most other skins show (MediaStream and PM3 anyways).
LaTropa64 Wrote:I like having both the rating and the votes: 6.70 (81,473) is what most other skins show (MediaStream and PM3 anyways).

i vote for this too
Nod
rating on imdb really sucks, there are a lot of trolls who rate movies with 1 or 10. So i never trust the ratings, excellent movies get a 5 or less.

Why do you have to push an info button? It would be easier if you get that info screen when you select something. There's already a play button Oo
Ravenscar Wrote:rating on imdb really sucks, there are a lot of trolls who rate movies with 1 or 10. So i never trust the ratings, excellent movies get a 5 or less.

Exactly... you know a ratings system is shot to hell when any random can vote a movie a 1 or a 10 without a care in the world.

That's why I would suggest the NUMBER of ratings as being the only thing of use... at leas tthen you know a movie has been popular

Although that's not perfect either... some quality movies have very little ratings

But a professional skin should not be ruined with 'unprofessional' or amateur ratings

Now should such a skin 'cater' to the kiddie market by having MPAA ratings - genres suffice for showing the sort of content to expect
joncgde2 Wrote:You know what's better? Using the NUMBER of votes for a movie on IMDB - that way, you can tell how popular a movie is - that would be much more useful than craptastic ratings where horrible films can often do well, and some gems fare less so.
personally, i find that to be much worse. for example, i have many asian movies in my collection and quite a few were never released with english audio. obviously only a fraction of people watch movies with subs and those get only a fraction of the votes coming in for any random michael bay movie. i couldn't care less how many people voiced their opinion on 'bad boys' or 'pearl harbor', it's still crap. get my point? the number of votes holds pretty much zero information value for me, unless it's on the extreme side of the lower end (only a handfull of votes)

also, as mention before, runtime is by far the more interesting info, although i do appreciate the quick glimpse on imdb rating, even if it contradicts my own rating of a certain movie. being able to manually give movies a star rating, now that would be my preferred option
Personally, what I would much rather see is the -Netflix- rating of the movie. Either my own rating, if I had entered one, or the rating of people like me. Thats one thing I like about netflix, is that it give me both the overall rating of the site, and the rating of the movie by people who have tastes similar to mine.
I find this similarity rating far more reliable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Too early to make suggestions for Stark? Movie Info Details0