SimplyGreen
screenshots from simplygreen:

download at http://www.xbox-skins.net.

if you find bugs, please let me know.

greetings,
bobrooney_78
Thumbs Up 
very nice and clean Cool
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
very nice skin!
i love the wise layout with the orizzontal buttons, i was thinking to position the buttons in my skin in the same way you did :thumbsup:
i also like the icons, the green scrolling panel in the home window and the way the buttons show up, but it's a little bit hard to remember the sequence of the buttons and moving trought them.
there is a bug in myvideos in the icon view:
moving from the thumbs panel up it goes to the switch view button, moving left it goes to the video/artist button.

after i uploaded the xmls included in the rar files, i can see a long string in mymusic songs "looking for albums...." that it goes over the second button (in english language), i don't know if that happen because i'm using the release with cdripping feature.

cheers and continue the great job.
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
(kotix @ july 20 2004,18:33 Wrote:there is a bug in myvideos in the icon view:
moving from the thumbs panel up it goes to the switch view button, moving left it goes to the video/artist button.

after i uploaded the xmls included in the rar files, i can see a long string in mymusic songs "looking for albums...." that it goes over the second button (in english language), i don't know if that happen  because i'm using the release with cdripping feature.
thanks for your bug-report.

to avoid the issue with the "looking for albums" you have to upload the included language-strings, because my webradio-string is also id 501. how do you handle the "webradio-problem"?

labeling without the strings.xml would be great in some ways.
the problem is that you are using an id already in use.
i normally set the "webradio" string as id9, that is a spare one,
; i found out that if you insert that string only in the english strings.xml you'll have it also in the other languages.
looks like the english strings.xml is the default one and only if the same id exist in the other languages it will be replaced.
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
(kotix @ july 20 2004,21:54 Wrote:i normally set the "webradio" string as id9, that is a spare one,
my id9 was/is "e-mail".

i think i will change webmail to id777 and e-mail to id776.

another question:
if i set <defaultcontrol> in myprograms.xml to id "7", my xbox hang. do you have the same problem or is it just mine?
uhm i believe it's not possible to modify the <default control> in any window because it's hardcoded, every window is defined with its own control, some use the same one but it's not changeable until jmarshall will make the mods descripted here:
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....05;st=0

anyway why do you wanna change it from 101 to 7?
i'm just curious about what you have in mind. :p
(kotix @ july 20 2004,22:45 Wrote:anyway why do you wanna change it from 101 to 7?
i'm just curious about what you have in mind. :p
the <defaultcontrol> defines the position of the cursor(selected item) when you enter my programs, my music... with id101 the cursor is on the first bookmark, but i would find it better if the cursorposition was already in the thumbnail panel. this works in every xml, but not in myprograms.xml thats why i think this is a bug.
oh ok, i missunderstood everything, i got it clear now.

i have a request for you, i would like to put in my skin the gifs that you have used in the redash skin for the title imges, the ones switching between the xbmc logo and home/music/programs etc.
can i use them? please? :bowdown: Image
i really love them. :p
(kotix @ july 21 2004,10:54 Wrote:i have a request for you, i would like to put in my skin the gifs that you have used in the redash skin for the title imges, the ones switching between the xbmc logo and home/music/programs etc.
can i use them? please?  :bowdown:  Image
i really love them. :p
Smile

of course, take what you want. i am always glad when the xbmc-community can benefit from something.
tnx :d :thumbsup:
you were right, the default control in myprograms doesn't work even with 7 or 8
simplygreen for xbox media center 1.0 (stable) at allxboxskins.com

simplygreen for cvs at www.xbox-skins.net
bob,
i just dl'd the skin... i love the fact that it is not the same 'ol same 'ol.

do you have any recent updates?

i have a few suggestions if you are inclined to do some minor mods?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(affini @ nov. 10 2004,01:27 Wrote:bob,
i just dl'd the skin... i love the fact that it is not the same 'ol same 'ol.

do you have any recent updates?

i have a few suggestions if you are inclined to do some minor mods?
no, there aren't recent updates (beside the beta-version for xbmc 1.1 at http://www.xbox-skins.com which i am using at the moment)

but i am always open for suggestions...

if you want you can improve the existing simplygreen with your ideas and then republish it in your name as a new skin.

as xbmc all my work is open-source, all graphics are uncompressed in the media-subfolder...do with it what you want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SimplyGreen0