No spdif with any XBMC build
I believe this is related to the way we/portaudio currently pass encoded streams through the API layers (packed in a 16bit/48K stream). Most receivers are OK with it, but not all. Can you please verify whether or not you are able to get passthrough audio using VLC?

-C
VLC worked fine, i actually used it last night to try and get a .wtv file playing (which i ended up encoding to dvrms and then mpeg... stupid windows), anyway while i was playing with VLC i did try passthrough and it was playing 300.mkv (i use it for testing as its always the top of the directory) with sound.
so no one has any ideas as to whats wrong? Sad
im really starting to get annoyed with plex
We are and, as Phi said and I quote it again

Quote:this is related to the way we/portaudio currently pass encoded streams through the API layers (packed in a 16bit/48K stream). Most receivers are OK with it, but not all.

Most other users don't have problems with spdif and multi-channel audio, you do as do a few others. Therefore it must be the portaudio problem with the way it passes multi-channel audio.

There is no fix for XBMC for Mac but to move from portaudio to coreaudio. Follow the osx-coreaudio branch if you are interested in this.

The other fix is to boot your Hackintosh with it's NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS under linux and then you also get vdpau hardware decode of your video content plus spdif multi-channel audio.
ok, i understand, thanks for all the help.

i might move back to linux, i dont "need" osx on the pc but i was enjoying being able to run it as my second mac which ran all the dodgy software and i kept my macbook clean, and being able to use itunes.

i found managing the music in xbmc didnt work quite how i wanted, i have my itunes folder backed up off my macbook automaticly onto the file server, is there some way i can get xbmc to pickup the playlists etc. and use them aswell?

thanks again for all the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No spdif with any XBMC build0