State of interlaced video handling within linux
Below are some things I've noticed regarding playing interlaced video content. Wondering if any others using linux have similar thoughts.

1) The default interlace handling for XBMC is None. We have a 50/50 split of interlaced content (mostly 1080i or 720p) for most of what we watch. First thing I have to do for a fresh XBMC install is set the default interlace handling to Auto and save that setting for all videos. There was a purposeful change from Auto to None 3 years ago. http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/4441. Are the reasons for that change still valid?

2) One of the interlace handling choices crashes XBMC completely in linux - I think the "Deinterlace" option. Does anyone else notice this? If so, would be great if that option was removed (perhaps it only works on other platformsHuh)

3) There appears to be an undocumented way (couldn't find any mention of it in the wiki) to set the deinterlacer that is used by ffmpeg within AdvancedSettings. Anyone know what the XML tag is, or what the options are and whether that has any improvement over what is currently provided?

There were a few other threads and trac tickets related to interlaced handling. Most were over 6 months old though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
State of interlaced video handling within linux0