Libary sorting problem.
Hi I have a problem with XBMC, it's rather annoying.

I had all my movies ordered by there file names, not by there real names ( IMDB names) For example I named the film A' Intreneur it's English name Inside. That was all fine and dandy until I clicked something in file view and now Library view is messed up and it's ordering all my movies by there real name instead of the name I gave them. No

Please Help. Thank you.
Yeah you went to library mode from file mode. Go back to file mode. I dont think library mode will sort the way you want it. Library mode will show Inside with the proper french name.
SlaveUnit Wrote:Yeah you went to library mode from file mode. Go back to file mode. I dont think library mode will sort the way you want it. Library mode will show Inside with the proper french name.

But library mode was like that to begin with, there most be a way to get it back.
How did you "rename" them (just the filename or also in the library?)
And you saw the "changed" name before in library mode?

If you wish to use library mode I can onlly suugest mixed nfo:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Exp...ML_and_URL
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:How did you "rename" them (just the filename or also in the library?)
And you saw the "changed" name before in library mode?

If you wish to use library mode I can onlly suugest mixed nfo:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Exp...ML_and_URL

I renamed ONLY the File name and yes I saw this "changed" name in library mode before rather than it organizing the names by IMDB name. Now Library view has organized them by IMDB name but the File view is perfectly fine and still lists them by there File name over there IMDB name.
That should not be possible and if you really achieved that you either hit a bug or a very well hidden undocumented feature.
Please look at my original suggestion if you want to go through with this scheme.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Libary sorting problem.0