TMDB not in Set Content
Hi all,

I used IMDB under Set Content to scrape movie information. It was hopelessly inaccurate even though I had patiently gone through all my movies and renamed them exactly as they appear on IMDB. Wrong thumbs, wrong artwork etc. I would say that 60% was accurate and the rest not.

From searching through the forums, the consensus seems to be that tmdb is the best scraper going. However, I don't have this as an option in my Set Content menu. IMDB is the default and it has a number of other options but not TMDB.

i have run updates on the XBMC Atlantis (bf1) and the Launcher 2.3 from the Downloads menu. I am running the XBMC on the Apple TV. How can I get TMDB as an option?

Please help. There was an earlier thread on this by Gary from the UK (I'm in the UK too), but it was unresolved.
tmdb is not available in that build.

you can grab the scraper from http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/branches/li...o/tmdb.xml but no guarantee that it does not use features that isn't available in your version
You can also upgrade your version using the builds available here: http://xbmcsvnosx.blogspot.com/

I always found the IMDB scraper to be extremely accurate though, so I would suggest your problem lies elsewhere, probably with the naming of your files/folders.
Thanks Spiff,

Now for what should be a very dumb question for you: I downloaded tmdb.xml from your link and double clicked on it. It gave me some sort of a game called 'Big Bang 4 In a Row'. Now very confused. What should I be doing?
you copy it to the directory where the other scrapers are....
spiff Wrote:you copy it to the directory where the other scrapers are....

Since the xml is on my Mac and the other folders are on my Apple TV, how do I do this? Some sort of Terminal function?
beforeseven,

I downloaded aTV Helper v1.1b from your link and tried to install it. It asked me for the ATV IP address which I provided. It then opened up a terminal which at one point asked for a frontrow password. I entered the password 'frontrow' upon which the program shut down. There was no reboot of the ATV happening as stated in the readme.

Please help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDB not in Set Content0