Full size movie posters in info view
Thank you so much djh. This skin is totally awesome.

I have only one problem, my high resolution posters don't show up in info view. I have prepared my media for Stark and added full size movie posters with -big.png suffix. After installing Stark I rescanned my media, but in info view it shows low res tbn-file.

My folder structure looks like this:

Movies\28 Weeks Later (2007)\28 Weeks Later (2007).720p.dts.bluray.mkv
Movies\28 Weeks Later (2007)\28 Weeks Later (2007).720p.dts.bluray.nfo
Movies\28 Weeks Later (2007)\28 Weeks Later (2007).720p.dts.bluray-fanart.jpg
Movies\28 Weeks Later (2007)\28 Weeks Later (2007).720p.dts.bluray-big.png
Movies\28 Weeks Later (2007)\28 Weeks Later (2007).720p.dts.bluray.tbn

If I remove .tbn-file from folder, info view doesn't show poster at all.
I'm using Mac with XBMC 8.10.bf1
downloaded from thread "Recommended XBMC builds for Aeon Stark".

Any ideas how to fix this?
Thanks.
Movies\28 Weeks Later (2007)\28 Weeks Later (2007).720p.dts.bluray-big.png

Should be:

Movies\28 Weeks Later (2007)\28 Weeks Later (2007).720p.dts.bluray.mkv-big.png
Joy In Repitition
Thanks man!
I feel stupid. Instructions are in readme-file, but I think I was too eager to start using this great skin to read it with thought.
Works great now, thanks again.
Is it possible to have the fullscreen info screen appear after a few seconds?
I don't think it is at this point. There was discussion during beta testing about this and I think Duncan said he was not going to implement it. Some people like it that way and some do not. I personally prefer just to press "i" when I want to see it because I think it looks sloppy if I pause just long enough for it to switch before going on to the next movie.
smcnally75 Wrote:I don't think it is at this point. There was discussion during beta testing about this and I think Duncan said he was not going to implement it. Some people like it that way and some do not. I personally prefer just to press "i" when I want to see it because I think it looks sloppy if I pause just long enough for it to switch before going on to the next movie.

I agree, I just wondered if it was a setting i missed out on.

Another thing to this for me is having to press "back" after pressing "info" to return to the movie screen. I would prefer pressing "info" again to return for quicker navigation.
Louike Wrote:Is it possible to have the fullscreen info screen appear after a few seconds?
i reckon it takes some time to get used to maybe, but so far i'm missing that feature as well.

another thing that i find disturbing so far, is that you can't have one background for browsing the library and still have fanart for single movies. having fanart pop up instantly upon selecting the movie cover results in rather hectic screen changes non-stop. personally, and i do understand this is merely a matter of taste, i really, really, really appreciated having a steady background for browsing the library, putting all focus on movie covers, and fanart popping up once i rest for several seconds on a certain movie poster. with the new aeon version, it's either this or that, you can't have both anymore. and well, dropping fanart isn't really an option....

to sum this up, i guess i would like to see the old feature come back where the movie summary and fanart blends in after a given time. this would't render the current movie info view useless at all, since you still need that one for trailers etc...

the imdb star rating is confusing as well, since imdb uses a scale of 10, yet aeon translates it into 5 star ratings. since just about any movie in my library is somewhere between 6.0 and 8.0, it results in aeon displaying the same rating for just about any movie, hence making the info rather useless. that said, the imdb rating is of minor importance to me anyway, but still nice to get glimpse at, given it would be the correct rating with decimals
You can change the stars to text. There's an option.

As for the idea of timed fanart, it's on the to-do list. Or at least it will be when I create the to-do list. I can't promise the return of the timed info panel, though, as it was never reliable enough to start with. If that situation changes then it's definitely on the cards.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full size movie posters in info view0