Music Artwork
OK been playing around with Stark since this morning and so far so good. Tryiong to get everything setup and working to how I would enjoy using. I have a couple of questions so far though. Not sure if there is a way of doing this or if it is somethign I need to put in a future request for.

1. Scrolling through music artists. When I scroll through movies ( IMAGE 1 ) the fanart in the background changes as i scroll onto each film. Would it be possible to do this for music artists as well? At the moment the background fanart just stays as one of the standard art images ( IMAGE 2 ). Also when I select that band could that artist fanart be displayed in teh background behind the album art rather than the default music fanart. Hope this makes sence.

IMAGE : 1

IMAGE : 2

2. When browsing music by genre. I believe there is a problem displaying a genre image due to library restrictions. If I browse my music in file mode I can display the folder image from that genre directory. I was wondering if there is anyway the music browsing could switch modes.

What I mean is when I go into my music it sets to library mode and displays the different browse options ( Genre, Artist, Year, etc etc ) and then if I select Genre could it switch to file mode so I can have the genre images shown. Then when I select a specific genre it then changes back to library mode. Image 3 shows what I mean by showing the genre image when browsing in file mode.

IMAGE : 3
MrTourettes Wrote:1. Scrolling through music artists. When I scroll through movies ( IMAGE 1 ) the fanart in the background changes as i scroll onto each film. Would it be possible to do this for music artists as well?

I thought it did this anyway, tbh. I'll sort it out if not.

Quote:2. When browsing music by genre. I believe there is a problem displaying a genre image due to library restrictions. If I browse my music in file mode I can display the folder image from that genre directory. I was wondering if there is anyway the music browsing could switch modes.

Sounds more like an XBMC feature request to me.
MrTourettes Wrote:1. Scrolling through music artists. When I scroll through movies ( IMAGE 1 ) the fanart in the background changes as i scroll onto each film. Would it be possible to do this for music artists as well? At the moment the background fanart just stays as one of the standard art images ( IMAGE 2 ). Also when I select that band could that artist fanart be displayed in teh background behind the album art rather than the default music fanart. Hope this makes sence.

It works that way for me here (thanks for that feature djh!)

Do you have the fanart.jpg for each artists in their root folder?
If you do and they still aren't showing do a update library or if all else fails goto the artist info and select fanart and update the artist fanart with your background.
Mardagg Wrote:It works that way for me here (thanks for that feature djh!)

Do you have the fanart.jpg for each artists in their root folder?
If you do and they still aren't showing do a update library or if all else fails goto the artist info and select fanart and update the artist fanart with your background.

Right I think that has pointed out my problem Smile

I just realised all my artist images are called folder.jpg

Will rename them and test now.. Thanks for the post.
No I renamed the artist images to fanart.jpg and it made no difference Sad

The artist image is shown in the thumbnail on the showcase squares but the background just stays as the music fanart not the image of the artist.

EDIT :

Right I went into the artist info.. The artist image was there anyway. But I selected to fanart option and pointed to the actual image. Did a refesh and came out and still no change.

I then went back a layer to genre selection.. Went back via selecting a genre and bingo it works ok..

Strange one that I hope I do not have to do that with every artist as I have at least 1000 different music artists in my list Sad
Well I have got this working now by doing it via the artist info and setting fanart ( which is already there on the thumbnails Smile

I have another question on this though. Now when I scroll in showcase view from one artist to another it swaps between one artist fanart and the next. The problem is it seems it wants to display the music fanart images during the transition. Is there anyway I can have the main menu fanart set for the music menu button but when I go into the music library it stops displaying the music fanart and just the artist fanart.
Just in case djh see this, I've tried everything, but the one thing that gets me is that when I select the "fanart" button next to the "thumb" button under artist info, nothing at all pops up. It's just like a dead link. The thumb button works fine, but I'm having absolutely no luck with the "fanart" button.
MrTourettes i have one questions:

How did you added the flags icon?

forexample:
the name of your movie is:
batman.bluray.dolbydigita.avi :confused2:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Artwork0