[FEATURE REQUEST - ACCEPTED] Better navigation of libraries (filters etc.)
Hi am I experiencing what you guys are on about?

I can go into say movies no issue but when I click to go back it firstly goes back to a generic icon line just saying title, years actors etc then another press back takes you to another generic looking display saying movies, finally another press gets you back to menu?

its most annoying!
Yes, that's it. Just follow the instructions posted to change it.
Thanks for the fix! I'd vote that it becomes default behaviour.
Anyone know how to get it working like this for Music?

I've tried adding ',return' to the following

Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyMusic)</onclick>

but it doesn't do anything.
i vote against this for default behavior. just because 1 skin in the entire existance of xbmc (mediastream) does it this way dosent mean everyone who dosent use mediastream has to to get used to new behavior. although i do agree that an option in settings would be usefull to some people.

i cant believe that this default menu behavior has not been noticed by most of you before, its been like that since library mode was introduced to xbmc. and removing it by default would just anoy most hardcore xbmc users.

If it aint broke dont fix it!

once again awsome skin djh
It did bother me before, I just never realized it could be changed. Sure, I learnt to live with the quirks... but that doesn't mean it didn't irritate me. I just never cared enough to bring it up in the forum.

I don't believe the intent is to force it to the default behaviour of XBMC, simply default behaviour of Aeon. If there's an alternative and more prettily-graphical means of accessing these filters, I feel it would jive better with this skin as a whole.
To everyone that wants it to be the default behavior, how do you plan to access all the different areas of the library (genre, year, actor, recently added, etc.)? Title view is only one part of the library... granted it's the most used one but the others are important too.
LaTropa64 Wrote:To everyone that wants it to be the default behavior, how do you plan to access all the different areas of the library (genre, year, actor, recently added, etc.)? Title view is only one part of the library... granted it's the most used one but the others are important too.

See http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=305...stcount=20
LaTropa64 Wrote:To everyone that wants it to be the default behavior, how do you plan to access all the different areas of the library (genre, year, actor, recently added, etc.)? Title view is only one part of the library... granted it's the most used one but the others are important too.

Not that I ever use them (the only I occasionally use is 'Recently added') but djh has said he'll add them elsewhere.
onesojourner Wrote:I use the back out button all the time to get to my apple movie trailers plugin.

Same. so if/when this is fixed, we need a diff way to get to our plugins (could you maybe add a link either in the main menu: 'plugins folder' with then vid/music/program/pic in it) or a menu to every submenu (will look more natural/smooth)
Hmm, I might be missing something here... but you guys do know that hitting Esc will take you directly to the main menu from Movies or Tvshows, while backspace/delete takes you "back" or "up" one directory. Not that I would be against a submenu, but I just wanted to point out that both actions are already coexisting happily.

Rand
Hitcher Wrote:Anyone know how to get it working like this for Music?

I've tried adding ',return' to the following

Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyMusic)</onclick>

but it doesn't do anything.

i also tried this, just replace MyMusic with musiclibrary,albums,return
this goes directly to albums view and back
musiclibrary, of course.

Thanks.
I must be the only person who like this. I like getting straight to movies from the main menu, but don't mind hitting back to get to that genre, title, actor, etc screen.
I got spoiled using MediaStream so it was rather distracting, plus it makes it easier for friends and family as they'd expect to return to the menu they were on if they press Back/Exit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FEATURE REQUEST - ACCEPTED] Better navigation of libraries (filters etc.)0