Definitive media file list
Hi, Right I have spent most of the day trying to work out which files are needed to get the best performing version of stark. I have read countless threads and I am ( i believe ) getting close to what I need but I would like someone with the know to post with what I should have with my media.

OK I will give you an example. With all my movies I want to have a nice 1080p cover image with 1920x1080 fanart. Now I have found many different posts from different people with details of what is needed... Like :

Movies\The Terminator\The Terminator.1080p.dts.bluray.mkv
Movies\The Terminator\movie.nfo
Movies\The Terminator\fanart.jpg
Movies\The Terminator\folder.jpg
Movies\The Terminator\movie.tbn

Then in another post I noticed someone say you need something like :

Movies\The Terminator\The Terminator.1080p.dts.bluray.mkv-big.png

All these different posts have left me confused.

- Do I need the big image for a 1080p movie cover.
- Does it need to be png format or can it be jpg.
- Should I resize all my covers from 1500pixels height to 1080.

These are a couple of the questions but there are many more.

What I would love is one definitive post with someone saying...Right to get ideal dispay you what these files......

I know a lot of this information is obvious to a lot of you and you will just say...DOH read this or search this but to someone still pretty new to xbmc and the countless threads and post with different things mentioned its a minefield to someone like myself. And yes I have spent all day reading threads and help guides before I get called lazy Smile

EDIT : as a footnote I would like to mention that I intend on using MIP to generate my nfo files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Definitive media file list0