Export library fails to write to network shares
I make a habit of exporting my library to separate files so that I don't have to change poster and fanart on my movies/series whenever I decide to move them.

Today I noticed that the library export only works on locally stored movies/shows. Nothing is saved on my network (smb) shares. I have had no problem with this before so it must be a fresh little bug that has crawled in there.

I get the following error:

14:24:04 T:3436 M:2284687360 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::ExportToXML: Movie fanart export failed! ('special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/7d42421e.tbn' -> 'smb://xx%20xx:xxx@xxx/HDTV/Cadillac.Records.720p.Bluray.x264-SEPTiC/cr-septic-fanart.jpg')

I can access my shares just fine in XBMC.

Complete log. (messy since aeon stark seems a bit buggy)
http://pastebin.com/f47fc2544

REV: 19082
surely on your end
But it worked fine before.

Now I tried to add a network drive instead of a share and then it worked.

So it can export to a mapped network drive but not to my network share. Weird Sad

Can't have it that way since Network Drives are so unreliable.
Perhaps the right permissions isn't set on the folders?
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
watzen Wrote:Perhaps the right permissions isn't set on the folders?

I haven't changed anything in my network since it was working. And my shares have full persmissions set to everything. They are working fine when browsing in XBMC. it is just export library that can't handle them as it seems.
mindweaver Wrote:I haven't changed anything in my network since it was working. And my shares have full persmissions set to everything. They are working fine when browsing in XBMC. it is just export library that can't handle them as it seems.

try adding the user that you try connecting with and put the correct permissions.. like this (the "everyone" don't work for me).

don't know if this affects... but make sure you have "allow file renaming/deleting" set to "yes" in xbmc.
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
I have also the problem that the export don´t work in separate files on a smb share.

I go back to Rev18677 and the export works fine, so I think is not a problem of the share and folder rights.

I open a Trac Ticket http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6239
My tip is narrow it down more. Saying it broke sometime in the last 500 builds makes devs life harder.

If you can focus right in then in my experience it gets fixed quickly
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
I will try some more versions, so it´s a little bit easier, to find the problem.

But it´s not so easy because is the db onetimes used in Rev19161 it don´t work correct (some movies don´t visible while the search find the movies).

So I must build a new db.
export dbase. install new version. cehck if dbase works if not delete old dbase and import what you exported.

details of this in wiki
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
I make tests with different builds.

The last build was work is Rev18936

The problem occured the first time at build Rev18946

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Export library fails to write to network shares0