Import from AMC, thumbs not displayed
Sorry, this is an duplicated post, please ignore it ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm writing an external tool to convert Ant Movie Catalog's XML archive to XBMC's format.
I use AMC for movies stored into HD, with path saved to URL field.

The conversion works well, but the thumbs are not displayed into XBMC.
I can browse movies, generes, but every movie lacks of thumbnail.

I import the URL field into <thumb></thumb> following the format:

Code:
&lt;thumb&gt;c:\path\to\image&lt;/thumb&gt;&lt;thumb&gt;c:\path\to\image&lt;/thumb&gt;

This is the format I discovered making an export from XBMC, so I think it's correct.
So every movie's thumb in videodb.xml has the format:

Code:
<thumb>&lt;thumb&gt;c:\path\to\image&lt;/thumb&gt;&lt;thumb&gt;c:\path\to\image&lt;/thumb&gt;</thumb>

After import, I browse the movies.db and I found that this field it's correctly insert and decoded:

Code:
<thumb>c:\path\to\image</thumb><thumb>c:\path\to\image</thumb>

So it's seems to be all right, but it still doesn't works... Sad

As a last experiment, I tried to create a movie record inside XBMC and import a picture from disk as thumbnail. It worked, and then, when export, I see that the videodb.xml's <thumb> is empty and the picture was stored into userdata dir.

I just can't get it... what is the correct approach to import a movie's picture?

Thanks to all
uhhhmm no replies... Sad

It would be more suitable to post the question on developers' forum?
Im pretty sure that the syntax shoudl be
<thumbs>
<thumb>path_to_thumb1</thumb>
<thumb>path_to_thumb2</thumb>
</thumbs>
You're probably right: I changed the syntax and the very first time thumbs appeared. But I had problems in all other imports I tried. I surely made mistakes, but even when I check all fields, import won't work well (movie names appeared, but thumbs not).
I think I'm doing something wrong in setting fields, but I suspect that import procedure is not very stable.
did anyone come up with a solution for this

i'm also trying to import an xml database from AMC and i cannot get thumbs to display

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Import from AMC, thumbs not displayed0