Feature request - online help
Just noticed the tips and faq sticky. Why not have a online help and faq in the skin? So pressing the info button (somewhere) will give you tips on which buttons to press in the current location / view. Informing you which buttons you have available and stuff like that. If it could stream/download it from a online location it could even make sure you had the most updated version.
(which would even be nice for the skin it self)

/needtotest
You've just described the Aeon Assistant which (if you didn't know already) can be reached from the button menu. That originally had contextual tips for which screen it was called from, but I never had the time to properly design the tutorials themselves. One day it'll happen, but not for a while.
needtotest Wrote:Why not have a online help
Yeah, and spiff and AltheKiller on the other end! Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Doh

Now that you mention it I do recall that I disabled that. But you say tutorial? That is not what I understand as a online help/tips - more like a getting started. But I will have a look at it.

/needtotest
Well, you won't find it at the moment because it was pulled. But it was a kind of contextual tips thing which I think it what you're after. That's about as much as you're likely to see in an XBMC skin.
"a contextual tips thing" - my I suggest making it an option then and not a part of the menu? It could then be a "blob" on every view ... or something like that.

/needtotest

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature request - online help0