issue discovering tv series avi's
ok this is a bit of a weird one but lets get the basics out the way. its a tasty new apple tv with version 2.3.1 of the os and atlantis (bf1) of XBMC.

so my set up consists of windows hosted files shared over smb. now movies are working great but when i try to configure tv series while the directories are found avi content is not. so ive a directory named 'TV Shows' mounted as 'TV Shows' within which each show has its own directory and inside there lay the avis.

now ive read through the manual as well as spent some time researching this, in the process of which ive tried a variety of filenames ...
  • show1x01.avi
    show.1x01.avi
    show - 1x01.avi
    show s01xe01.avi
    show.s01xe01.avi
    show.s01e01.avi
    show.s01.e01.avi

... and so on - you get the jist!

if i explore the source within the xbmc settings area i can see all the physical files yet XBMC doesnt pick them up as a tv series so to speak - so "My TV Series" shows up as having 0 episodes. the only work around ive discovered is manually creating an nfo file for each episode but then you dont get the awesome online functionality and id kind of like to avoid creating a few hundred nfos!

i was a little concerned that this might be limited to my sharing over smb so i copied a small series to the apple tv's local hdd and the issue persists. ive also today now ive got my head around how xbmc works rebuilt the apple tv but this hasnt resolved the issue either.

so xbmc boffins any ideas? Smile
theTVDB.com is down atm.
Our GUI error reporting could be better Wink

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47921
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
yeah i noticed that earler but its nothing to do with the web sites being down. the folders show up fine and i can successfully get data say imdb and tv.com. its not a permissions issue or something like that either as it can pick those up and as i say the episodes are discovered when a respective nfo exists.

im trying a downgrade to 2.3.0 - maybe its specific to version 2.3.1 of the apple tv software.

edit: fwiw thetvdb wasnt down yesterday when i my new toy arrived and i started playing around with xbmc and this issue occured then too Smile
Have you read up on the documentation?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=233507&postcount=1

debug log from a scan is required to get support.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
no worries. i'm getting the same issue with 2.3.0 so i'll generate that log Smile
Beware, no use while theTVDB is down.
I have no idea if the TV.com scraper works at all.
here you go, one fresh tasty log file ... http://pastebin.com/m7a9265e6

fwiw lircmap.xml is located at /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/Lircmap.xml.

regarding your last point is library mode completely reliant on thetvdb? i thought from the regular expressions are used to handle filenames that xbmx would populate the 'library' with episodes even while sites like thetvdb are unavailable and you could just update the shows metadata (i.e.: art, fan art, synopsis, etc) at a later time.

... but i didnt read the debug manual properly Big Grin debug log to follow!
anyway ignoring the previous rather amateurish attempt at providing a log file try this - http://pastebin.com/f1a76e37c

its interesting it does seem to successful find the tv show files at the very least Smile
heres another debug log now that thetvdb is back up and running ... http://pastebin.com/f6318d7e6
I see no episodes in this log.

1. Try to disable tv show stacking in settings.

2. failing that, back up and delete your db file, do a scan with debug logging on and post the log here.

kthxbi Wrote:regarding your last point is library mode completely reliant on thetvdb?
No , it just relies on a working scraper and a working web site to scrape from.
Unless you have taken the time to create nfo files with one of the helper programs (which in turn requires a working web site to scrape from).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
issue discovering tv series avi's0