REQUEST/HOW-TO - Secondary static movies backdrop
I like the images in my Movies backdrop folder when scrolling through the main menu. However, now that fanart appears when hovering over a film - I don't like how for instance "Career Opportunities" displays the fanart for "Quantum of Solace". It is confusing to say the least.

Was wondering if it would be possible to display a "placeholder" fanart for films with no fanart associated. I am thinking like a movie theater image like the one from MediaStream?
I second this. It would be a great option!

It is confusing when movies without fanart displays with another movies fanart (that I have set as backdrop for main menu)
I also find this confusing and was wondering if it is possible to set contextual fanart in showcase mode to fade in only after you hover over the same movie for a few seconds (kind of like the old Aeon, but without the sliding info panel effect until djh gets that implemented again - see this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47852). In other words, whatever backdrop folder is selected would cycle until you hovered over the same movie for a couple of seconds, and then the fanart for that movie would fade in.

Anyone know if this is possible with a simple mod to the current skin files? If not, I guess this would be a feature request. Rolleyes
sounds like a good idea, i'd like to request this aswell
bump. anyone know of a way to do this? I am thinking I may just go through the painful task of adding the "generic backdrop" as fanart for movies with none... Sad
I'll see what I can do. Would I be right in assuming the 'timed fade' solution will suffice?
Thanks djh! An option to toggle a timed fade would be great in my opinion. Keep up the great work! Its amazing to see you reply to so many posts - really shows your dedication! Smile
Yeah I 5th this. Something I've wanted since release also. It doesn't look right to have another movies fanart showing.
I too would like this. I thought it was just me having this issue. While scrolling through showcase mode it still rotates the main backdrops in between movie scrolls.

After scrolling through a few hundred movies with the screen jumping from one movie fanart to a rotated backdrop to another movie fanart, I needed a Valium and a nap! Smile
g00fy1 Wrote:I too would like this. I thought it was just me having this issue. While scrolling through showcase mode it still rotates the main backdrops in between movie scrolls.

After scrolling through a few hundred movies with the screen jumping from one movie fanart to a rotated backdrop to another movie fanart, I needed a Valium and a nap! Smile

100% agree, hopefully this can be fixed as its annoying seeing the background art popup inbetween scrolls through my movie and tv library.

Loving aeon though

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
REQUEST/HOW-TO - Secondary static movies backdrop0