Changes to how the HD posters work
natethomas Wrote:As to whether you'll have to rename each tbn to "movie.tbn" I have no answer.

You don't need to. I have the following structure and it works perfect -

{Folder} - The Dark Knight
{File} - The Dark Knight.mkv
{File} - The Dakr Knight.nfo
{File} - The Dark Knight.tbn
{File} - The Dark Knight-fanart.jpg
There's no need to write anything, there already tons of freeware apps that allow you batch rename any file...

That "movie.tbn" thing confused, what if I have a folder named "Star Wars Saga" and have all six star wars movies in there (with different names of course, not in subfolders), how can I have poster, info and fanart different for each movie?
Aenima99x Wrote:You don't need to. I have the following structure and it works perfect -

That doesn't mean it will work for what Duncan wants to do. We're talking about the HD poster in infoview and using the tbn for it.
Nazgulled Wrote:There's no need to write anything, there already tons of freeware apps that allow you batch rename any file...

That "movie.tbn" thing confused, what if I have a folder named "Star Wars Saga" and have all six star wars movies in there (with different names of course, not in subfolders), how can I have poster, info and fanart different for each movie?

Batch renaming isn't the issue...The issue is batch renaming and pushing everything into it's own folder when the folders didn't previously exist.
You would have to put each Star Wars movie in it's own folder.
smcnally75 Wrote:That doesn't mean it will work for what Duncan wants to do. We're talking about the HD poster in infoview and using the tbn for it.

That's exactly what I'm talking about and it works for me.
Well, using a labyrinthine system of batch renaming (Renamer) and Windows Search functions, I managed to switch a 400 movie collection from loose files to directories in about two hours. Better, I managed to create a copy with dummy files instead of the originals in the process, for use on my development PC. So it's not that arduous a task, you just have to be strategic about it.
Awesome I just tried this and it worked. All you did was open DialogVideoInfo and change

<texture>$INFO[listitem.filenameandpath]-big.png</texture>

to

<texture>$INFO[listitem.foldername]\movie.tbn</texture>

right?
smcnally75 Wrote:Batch renaming isn't the issue...The issue is batch renaming and pushing everything into it's own folder when the folders didn't previously exist.
You would have to put each Star Wars movie in it's own folder.

Stole this off another forum, i found this advice last week, took me about 10 mins to put about 150 movies in their own folder.

Quote:"is there a way i can right click a group of files. and right click -> send to, and add them to a new folder

would be cool if it could do it via the filename.. but even if i have to type the newfolder name.

thanks

Yes

make a new batch file in the c:\documents and settings\username\sendto

call it whatever.bat
put this in it..

@echo off
Echo An0ther © 2007
mkdir "%~dp1%~n1"
move %1 "%~dp1%~n1\"
move %2 "%~dp1%~n1\"
move %3 "%~dp1%~n1\"
move %4 "%~dp1%~n1\"
move %5 "%~dp1%~n1\"
move %6 "%~dp1%~n1\"
move %7 "%~dp1%~n1\"
move %8 "%~dp1%~n1\"
move %9 "%~dp1%~n1\"
Echo on

It will move upto 9 files... into a folder of name of the first file"
Aenima99x Wrote:You don't need to. I have the following structure and it works perfect -

Aenima99x Wrote:That's exactly what I'm talking about and it works for me.

I may be totally wrong here so forgive me, but I think I read that when 9.04 is released it's only going to support movie.tbn, movie.nfo, folder.jpg and fanart.jpg in the separate movie folders.
jalesm Wrote:Awesome I just tried this and it worked. All you did was open DialogVideoInfo and change

<texture>$INFO[listitem.filenameandpath]-big.png</texture>

to

<texture>$INFO[listitem.foldername]\movie.tbn</texture>

right?

At first I thought this might be an April Fools joke but it only bloody well works. Shocked
esdubu Wrote:Stole this off another forum, i found this advice last week, took me about 10 mins to put about 150 movies in their own folder.
Thanxs for the tip, works like a charm!
esdubu Wrote:Stole this off another forum, i found this advice last week, took me about 10 mins to put about 150 movies in their own folder.

Works like a charm.. And if right clicking on each group of files takes too long, just drag the files onto the bat file.
Of course I find this after I'm already half done... Laugh
Aenima99x Wrote:That's exactly what I'm talking about and it works for me.

How does it work for you if Duncan is just talking now about implementing it?
stagecrew Wrote:Works like a charm.. And if right clicking on each group of files takes too long, just drag the files onto the bat file.
Of course I find this after I'm already half done... Laugh

at least you didn't find it when you'd just finished Laugh
So, you are saying that with this new update djh_ is doing to Aeon, I have to explicitly set a movie per folder?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changes to how the HD posters work0