Is my system too slow for Stark?
Hi,

I've been playing around with Stark since yesterday and it just feels sluggish on the Showcase/Panel views (either Movies or TV Shows). Sure enough it is high quality and everything but I have no issues playing 720p movies/series so I don't see any compelling reason to upgrade my machine as of now. The specs are as below:

Core2 Duo [email protected]
3GiB 800MHz RAM
GeForce 7100 TC (ewk I know, but it's integrated into the slimline PC I've bought)
Running Windows XP SP3 fully patched

Should I be concerned about this as in my pc is with something wrong or it just seems about right according to my specs? As I mentioned, I'll not consider upgrading as of now 720p movies play perfectly and I do not have (nor intend in the near timeframe) to buy a 1080p display.

Thanks!
VGA issue, I have Intel GM965 and 720p browsing isn't optimal either, not to mention 1080p.
Try watching the HD version of the trailer and see how your animations compare to that one.
oO tbh it would work fine, got about that aswell but a 9600GT but that shouldnt matter because xbmc doesnt really use a gfx card, try updating your xbmc.. otherwise i'm clueless
I'll go watch the HD. Updates soon Smile
Well, XBMC definitely use graphics card for OPENGL rendering, my other pc with 8600GT can display 1080p animations much more smoothly.
I don't know why I mentioned the trailer as the framerate's pretty duff in that too.
Well I did watch, it feels about a little slower than that I guess. But I've watched the youtube version anyways.

So, if XBMC actually does use OpenGL the VGA could have some role in the process really.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is my system too slow for Stark?0