[BUG?] Unicode conflict
No matter how hard I try the Unicode fonts get screwed. I tried roughly 20 fontsets for my Polish language translation. Yet at all times the fonts have the same set of problems:
  • Ą (Aogonek) shows up as Ľ (Lcaron)
  • Ś (Sacute) doesn't show up at all (blank space or square box, depending on the font)
  • same for Ź (Zacute)

All the other fonts (Polish and not only) show up just fine. What's more, the problem is visible only in Stark, in the settings menu. In other programs the fonts are perfectly ok; what's more, the same fonts show up just fine in other parts of Aeon and in other skins.

So, it seems, there must be some conflict/bug within Stark. Any ideas how to solve it?
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
It is not a bug nor special about Polish. It is xbmc problem.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=307929&postcount=9
kimp93 Wrote:It is not a bug nor special about Polish. It is xbmc problem.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=307929&postcount=9

Hmmm... Any possible workarounds? I noticed that the Lcaron could be replaced with Aogonek within a font and it would work, but how about the other two glyphs? Do you think replacing Arial with Android in XBMC would solve the issue? Anyone tested that?
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
hallo
i'm still maintaining polish language file of xbmc

AEON is still xbmc skin - why u create your file in "MS-1250" encoding, then u give it "ISO-8859-2" header - this is totaly missmatch

just create file in utf-8 , that's all

polish language file from aeon 0.91 converted to utf
http://smuto.w.interia.pl/AeonStark/strings.xml

try it
smuto
It fixed almost all problems i think but still:

Working on it, solution to be found soon. It's a font problem. As a stop-gap solution switch the font (USTAWIENIA > WYGLĄD > WYGLĄD) to Aeon_Standard and check if it works.

BTW, thanks, smuto!
Cheers
After that we have:
Hmmm, still looking. Almost there.

The latest file available in the translation thread is a workaround, as it simply replaces the default fonts with Polish fonts added by hand. However, it's a workaround and not a permanent solution...
I don't know anything about Polish. So, I can't tell.
How about this one?

EDIT: the below update doesn't fix everything: now there's problem with fonts in media lists. Any suggestions?

[quote=kimp93]I don't know anything about Polish. So, I can't tell.
How about this one?

This one looks really fine. What did you change?

Anyway, translation finally got official - it made it into 0.91, alas with bugs similar to the ones experienced by Neku. A solution is simple: download this update and unzip.

All runs fine and smooth.

UPDATE HERE

Cheers
I didn't do anything special. I just use font-set I made.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=307...stcount=16

If what you see on the screenshot is good, you are simply having problem with non-unicode fonts. Once again, this kind of problem is not a bug of skin and xbmc. simply not having proper unicode fonts. Even though we fix them temporarily, it will be persist over and over again with other skins. That's why I asked to support my suggestion above.
kimp93 Wrote:I didn't do anything special. I just use font-set I made.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=307...stcount=16

If what you see on the screenshot is good, you are simply having problem with non-unicode fonts. Once again, this kind of problem is not a bug of skin and xbmc. simply not having proper unicode fonts. Even though we fix them temporarily, it will be persist over and over again wit other skins. That's why I asked to support my suggestion above.

Your fontset looks great. However, in the music list view I still see some strange errors. Is it possible that the media library is incompatible with Unicode? Any ideas?
Cheers
Please tell me details of strange error you are having. I will try to fix them.
@Halibutt - tag your music with utf support - this is nothing to do with xbmc or skins
this same u have in PMIII, did u?

edit
or if your tags are all in Central Europe (Windows) just set it in xbmc (now u use probably default)
smuto Wrote:@Halibutt - tag your music with utf support - this is nothing to do with xbmc or skins
this same u hawe in PMIII, did u?

I'm using MusicBrainz Picard, which natively supports both UTF-8 and UTF-16. Any better alternative out there? But indeed, updating the library seems to solve the issue.
Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BUG?] Unicode conflict1