IMDB Rating Classifications (G, PG, M etc)
ethan_9219 Wrote:Are there people from any other countries in need or want of country-specific classification flags?

german would be nice Big Grin

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freiwillige...#Freigaben

cause the color would suck in the information window, would be nice to have it kile the other flags

thx
JoWa Wrote:german would be nice Big Grin

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freiwillige...#Freigaben

cause the color would suck in the information window, would be nice to have it kile the other flags

thx

I don't understand German...Umm, could you explain a little what each rating means?
the white one is allowed for everybody, yellow you can watch with 6 and above ( *g*), green with 12, blue with 16 and red with 18...

just like the number at the graphic says Smile
okay
@K-FleX, One thing i was wondering with these (but correct me if am wrong as i'm unable to test atm, i can only go by what i see in the images);

I've noticed with the Australian R18+ you have matched with the MPAA NC 17, and with the Australian MA15+ you have the MPAA R....

Shouldn't these two be switched around? Or is this not possible to to which image flags are used?
ethan_9219 Wrote:@K-FleX, One thing i was wondering with these (but correct me if am wrong as i'm unable to test atm, i can only go by what i see in the images);

I've noticed with the Australian R18+ you have matched with the MPAA NC 17, and with the Australian MA15+ you have the MPAA R....

Shouldn't these two be switched around? Or is this not possible to to which image flags are used?

No, NC-17 is the highest rating in the US, equivalent to our rated R.
R seems to be very broad in the US so these ratings aren't accurate. I looked up some movies on IMDB and all of them are R in USA but vary between M, MA+ and R in AUS ratings.

NC17 is the equivalent of R but I think the movie studios do anything to avoid this rating so you may not see many of these.

The problem with our rating icons is that they aren't as long as the MPAA ones that djh made and the space is pre-allocated by the skin - so I filled up the gap with a smaller MPAA icon - If the MPAA icon is gone it would have a big space - where would you want the icon aligned to? Left (where they are now) or Centered?
What about Unrated movies?
K-FleX Wrote:R seems to be very broad in the US so these ratings aren't accurate. I looked up some movies on IMDB and all of them are R in USA but vary between M, MA+ and R in AUS ratings.

NC17 is the equivalent of R but I think the movie studios do anything to avoid this rating so you may not see many of these.

The problem with our rating icons is that they aren't as long as the MPAA ones that djh made and the space is pre-allocated by the skin - so I filled up the gap with a smaller MPAA icon - If the MPAA icon is gone it would have a big space - where would you want the icon aligned to? Left (where they are now) or Centered?

Would it be possible to see a mockup of both? As you are using them as well, what is your preference?

Also, do you know where Stark gets these ratings info from? I mean, does it take it from the classification field of our NFO's?
redtapemedia Wrote:No, NC-17 is the highest rating in the US, equivalent to our rated R.

Okay, thanks for clarification
Mardagg Wrote:What about Unrated movies?
Unrated - I can't see anything for that in Stark. Is that what pr0n is rated in the states or is that NC-17? We have an additional rating, X+, which is for pr0n as well as an E rating, which is exempt from classification but normally educational stuff.

I'm getting confused.

ethan_9219 Wrote:Would it be possible to see a mockup of both? As you are using them as well, what is your preference?

Also, do you know where Stark gets these ratings info from? I mean, does it take it from the classification field of our NFO's?

I don't have any nfo's at the moment and it's working. I don't know whether "listitem" is requested from the Database only or can also look at nfo's:

Code:
    <control type="image">
            <include>Objects_FSInfoCertificate</include>
            <texture>flags/mpaa_restricted.png</texture>
            <visible>substring(listitem.mpaa,Rated R)</visible>
        </control>

I prefer what I made as it doesn't disturb the balance - I'll make a new thread with multiple styles for Aussies including both your requests and a pastel colour style.

If djh reads this - I think there may be an issue in the DialogVideoInfo.xml as this png does not exist - so either people would have to change their mpaa_general.png to mpaa_g.png or edit the xml.

Code:
    <control type="image">
            <include>Objects_FSInfoCertificate</include>
            <texture>flags/mpaa_g.png</texture>
            <visible>substring(listitem.mpaa,Rated G)</visible>
        </control>

How about the UK - if somebody could do some nice ones like those firdt australian ones I for one would really appreciate it!
Just FYI:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Pict...ing_system

This likely will not help in understanding the MPAA ratings. It will likely make the confusion worse.
@K-FleX, any news on possibly seeing a mockup of the OFLC ratings without the smaller MPAA part?
ethan_9219 Wrote:@K-FleX, any news on possibly seeing a mockup of the OFLC ratings without the smaller MPAA part?

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48163

There's a few more styles there. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDB Rating Classifications (G, PG, M etc)0