Movie view load times
I'm reorganizing my movie collection to take advantage of Aeon with hi-res .tbn files, .nfos with studio info, etc. I used to just let XBMC keep the posters in it's own DB but now I'm moving to the image along side the movie method. I don't remember this issue from before -- it's taking about 10 seconds to load the movie view and that's just with a handful of movies imported with posters and all. Does Aeon have to go out and get all the .tbns each time the view is loaded, or does XBMC cache them locally for the skin? I'm mounting the movies from a samba share so if they aren't cached that'd explain why it's so slow, but I'm really hoping that's not the case.

Just want to figure this out now before I go through with MIP and get everything set up all nicely just to have a 1min load time into movie view.
I used samba shared movies over wireless during development and they did cause severe load hitches when both entering and exiting the movie library. Given that all the visual information is already cached locally, I think this must be a backend issue. IIRC, the it was peculiar to the Windows builds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie view load times0