Modifying how to browse movies..
Yeah I like browsing my movies based on genre. I've already modified it so it goes straight to genres instead of titles.
But now I would need help to locate the xml tag that controls the default posters when browsing through genres, I've got my own custom set I would very much like to use it. I've looked through some of the xml's but so far the only reference to defaultfolderbig.png I have found is in Defaults.xml

Where can I find the tag that controls this? See picture below for clarification.

Getting there, but the rendering is very very slow for some reason.

Fiinix Design presents: Posters, for Movies, TV Shows, Games, Arcade etc.

» Latest Poster-Pack: The Silhouettes, TV Shows
» Upcoming Poster-Pack: To Be Announced

» Game & Emulator Poster, request here
» Movie/TV Genre Poster, here
Bump.

I'm just really eager to get some guidance as to where I should be looking to add this function. I've seen that others were also interested, though djh_ said it would be to much hassle.. So I I figured I could do it instead. I actually got it partially working already, but the Genre Posters look pasted on top, and they should be under the glass effects and such I suspect I added the code in the wrong place..

Help? Smile

Just a small update. It's getting there.. Now the Posters are placed correctly i.e. under the glass effect and not on top of it.. Working prototype so to speak.... (yes, this is in Library view..) Big Grin

Sounds like a great idea as i have seen those genre posters on the net and they look pretty good, it's just what stark needs. though i have no idea how to get it to workWink
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Hey asphinx this looks promising and would love to obtain the files from you when it's ready.

Edit:
Ok found your thread - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45361
can't wait, looks nice.
The Transforminators HD Movie Trailer
- from the creators of Terminator and Transformers -
I'm adding more genres to my current movies, so that I can use all your great genre-pictures. Thanks asphinx! Cool
I'm flattered.. Funny as I'm only doing this because it's a feature what I would want myself.. Wink And I just figured others might like it as well. Pretty much like the Silhouettes Genre Posters also started as a personal desire for visual pretty-ness, which of course developed into a large pack of Posters..

As a small update, I'm getting closer to having it work awesomely.. Managed to get it much smoother (ergo, not as laggy anymore) but instead I'm having issues with the reflection, for some reason it wants to display both instead of just the genre poster reflection.. Oh, well, gonna look at it some more tomorrow.. It's so annoying only having like an hour or two a day to work on this Mod..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modifying how to browse movies..0