Playing from Library
Hi all,

I have spent a long time loading info for nearly 300 films into my library. When I go into Library mode, I can see all the information in my chosen mode, which is Media Preview. However, when I click on 'play' XBMC either takes a really long time to play (6-10 minutes) or just freezes, forcing me to restart.

On the other hand, in file mode, they play just fine, with the catch that to get the movie info I have to navigate to Movie Information from the Context Menu.

Any tips on how I can watch smoothly in Library mode? I am running XBMC from the ATV.
The files are local or streamed from somewhere else?

Can you move one file to a different folder, add it to the library and play it from there? (To know if the problem is because of too many files in the same folder)

And activate the logs and upload the log file in a pastebin service.
Thanks Krieg, I'll do that and report back.

The files are streamed from my external hard drive attached to my Mac. Also, I can't seem to find how to do this, how do I transfer files into XBMC, so that I can playback locally? I can do that fine on the Apple TV via iTunes for supported files, but I guess large files would work better locally than streaming as I get stutters from anything over 2 GB.

Thanks again.
Search the forum for "statfiles". I had a similar problem streaming with SMB.
Thanks Krieg.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing from Library0